Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
    I thought the testers said we were up to 1.43 or even 1.5x for the GSM unlocked. I know the last official was 1.13, so will 1.20 encompas the 1.43 stuff everyone has been testing? Color me confused.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I thought the testers said we were up to 1.43 or even 1.5x for the GSM unlocked. I know the last official was 1.13, so will 1.20 encompas the 1.43 stuff everyone has been testing? Color me confused.
    Two different numbers...

the 1.15/1.17/1.20 they are talking about is the software package...It will include a Firmware as part of it...The "Firmware" will be 1.43+

Goto your Phone Screen and hit Menu-I and you will see what software and firmware you are currently running

I have

Firmware: 0.1.43
    Software: Treo650-1.15-CNG

(I did a firmware only update earlier)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    it's been confusing the last couple of posts, haven't they?

here's to clear matters and then hopefully stick on to the topic... this was what darklord had to say a couple of pages back:

Quote Originally Posted by darklord
    I finally have the release that will be send to all the providers for final testing.
    FW 1.71 and Software version 1.20 ROW
    The list of all fixes is very long! It really works faster!
    More info coming soon.
    i hope it's clear now... the last official "software" or "rom" release for the unlocked gsm phones as of now is 1.13, and now we are waiting for 1.20.

the latest official "firmware" is 1.28 (or maybe 1.31), and 1.43 is the leaked out unofficial "debug" firmware which has gained a lot of popularity, and now we are waiting for 1.71... again this is for the unlocked gsm.

in short, if things go as mentioned in darklord's post, your treo will have FW 1.71 and Software version 1.20 ROW after the update.

hope u're coloured enough
    I can see it now....
    whoever setup up the 1.17 software link(that has now been changed)
    Palm Exec: Didn't you get the memo? We aren't releasing it yet.

Web Admin: No I didn't get it. My treo has been rebooting constantly so I couldn't read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    I can see it now....

Web Admin: No I didn't get it. My treo has been rebooting constantly so I couldn't read it.

HA!!!! Great to see some humor!!!

I really can imagine it too!!

Not holding my breath, but really excited about the new release!!!
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    darklord, can you confirm that the problem with long dial tones that many of us have is or is not fixed in this update? Here are several threads about the problem in case you are not familiar with it;
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...long+dial+tone
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...long+dial+tone
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Darklord,

You said the phone reception was better. How much better is it in your opinion.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Hmm based on that page it looks like the FW version is 1.51
    Still waiting for an unlocked GSM updater!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Still waiting for an unlocked GSM updater!
    amazing that it looks like the Cingular version will be out first...miracles never cease (of course the download link to 1.17/Cingular is not working so this is still a tease)
    yep, links don't work for 1.17 ...sweet
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I can see it now....

Now to the next webmaster...

Palm Exec: Didn't you get the memo? I just had the other page fixed!
    Web Admin 2: No I saw that the first page was up from reading TC so i fixed mine! Now who is going to tell the file server guys???
    Can we all say this is a botched release that it isn't released? And this is the guys that we trust to compile and deliver the firmware for our phone/pda! Thankfully they don't write the software for our cars or our power grid!
    Can we all say this is a botched release that it isn't released? And this is the guys that we trust to compile and deliver the firmware for our phone/pda! Thankfully they don't write the software for our cars or our power grid!
    Now, be fair...they havent even announced the availability so I'd hardly call it botched...

BY THE WAY...the link to the CNG Version works now!!!!

Let the party begin

ps...It is 14.1Mb (and their server is already starting to get hammered
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog

ps...It is 14.1Mb (and their server is already starting to get hammered
    My download shows it's 14.5 MB
    Treo_650_Updater_1_17g.zip
    Size = 14.1 MB (14,834,300 bytes)

Already on Step 2 (past the point of no return)
    I may grab it just for the radio firmware until the ROW update gets published.
    just a word of warning...I was one of the first to download and run the installer...and my treo is not looking good, it got 1/2 through the update and is now Hung (white screen)

I'll post updates in this other thread

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...2&page=1&pp=20
    Hey, Darkload. Any news of the unlocked GSM update release?