Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I searched the boards and all I keep coming up with are unresolved threads where others had this problem. Nobody who asked this seemed to get an answer.

Anyone know where I could find the solution?
    Do you have software installed that may be doing this by default as a power saving feature? Does Butler do this? There are others. . . .

Did it always do this? Who is your carrier?
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/20/2005 at 08:43 PM.
    Are you running BrightCam?
    same as me. I have no special software insatlled either..
    I think it may be an over heating problem. I sometimes lay in bed with charger on an read for long periods and see this happen. Depending on dimming settings, the screen may even go dark. Going to full brightness will turn it back on, but still at dimmed to some extent. Any one agree?.
    FastFrank
    wow I notice this too. sometimes my Treo will dim to completely dark & then I touch it & it is hot!
  7. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I noticed this happening after I ended a phone call. I then soft reset my T650, turned Phone on, and then was fine.
    Your backlight will shut off when your Treo starts to get too hot. Just normal PDA use is usually fine, but if you start talking for long periods, maybe with BT, and throw in a car charger...

Usually the backlight goes dim, but the keyboard stays lit.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I think the treo automatically reduced screen brightness at night. therefore, if u keep ur brightness low as is, then at night when it reduces it, the screen goes completly dim. just press second-P and increase the brightness at night if it goes dim or just keep ur brightness a few ticks higher all day. this happens to all REV A treos I've owned. now I'm used to keeping the brightness up so I haven't even had a chance to test it on my REV B.
    hope this helps
    Please press the THANKS button if you like my posts.
    Sorry to resurect this old thread, but my wife & I have a treo 650 each.
    Mine is used 'naked' so that I can put it into my cradle & car cradle to use GPS & my wife's is in a form fit krusell case.

The problem my wife's Treo 650 suffers from is the partial dimming of the screen. She only has MyBible, Palmary clock & Backupman in addition to the standard software, so it may be due to overheating as mentioned earlier in this thread. My Treo 650 does not suffer from this problem, so it may be the case causing it to overheat. I'll check it out.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    My treo did this for the first time after 6 months use recently. It was in the charger and when I pulled it out it was very hot. Soft reset and a fiddle with the brightness control and all went well again. Hasn't happened since.
    It still happens to my wifes Treo at the moment, even when it isn't in its' case or being charged, just being used.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    this is NOT what insertion said it is. I know about that feature. This happens at random. When I do option p it is almost completely off-hit it again & it brightens up but not all the way, There is no rhyme or reason really. Just another one of those lovely bugs with owning a Trep
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    is there any known solution for this problem?? after all this years my treo started dimming for no reason!!! !!!
    No solution thus far, I hope there will be soon, because now my 700p is doing the same thing
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Maybe this is good...save some battery power.
    at&t iPhone3G
    If it starts happening after years of normal usage I would say it's probably a battery issue (assuming you didn't recently change something that woudl have caused it to overheat i.e. addng a case, moving to Texas, etc.)
    Funny, free ecards for weird situations. No registration required. - UncomfortableSituations.com

Pop culture hangman using Flickr pics - SearchVoyeurMan
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsnub
    If it starts happening after years of normal usage I would say it's probably a battery issue (assuming you didn't recently change something that woudl have caused it to overheat i.e. addng a case, moving to Texas, etc.)
    adding a case?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    adding a case?!?!?

Just because some of the other posts mention this might cause it to overheat. I personally have never had any issues with this (knock on wood) but I also don't ever use a case : ). The main point was has anything changed since you started having the problem.
    Funny, free ecards for weird situations. No registration required. - UncomfortableSituations.com

Pop culture hangman using Flickr pics - SearchVoyeurMan
    I had the same problem but it was definitely not heat related. The screen would go dim after about 20 seconds of use, even after not using or charging the phone all day (i.e., it was stone cold). Doing a soft reset fixed the problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast