1.    #1  
    My phone (Treo 600) recently crashed and I'm trying to get everything set back to the previous settings.

Using Snappermail, how do I have it retrieve my Hotmail? Do I do this w/Snapppermail or is this something I need to set up thru my actual Hotmail acct.?
    Quote Originally Posted by gotty
    My phone (Treo 600) recently crashed and I'm trying to get everything set back to the previous settings.

Using Snappermail, how do I have it retrieve my Hotmail? Do I do this w/Snapppermail or is this something I need to set up thru my actual Hotmail acct.?
    Good luck. Hotmail isn't POP or IMAP friendly.

You'll probably need to use the mobile msn site, unless you use a third party email service, like fastmail or fusemail to get your hotmail, and then in turn use Snapper to retrieve from them.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Anyone familiar w/IzyMail Online which is go btw for hotmail and snapper? It costs so I'd like to know before I even use the trial and get used to it.

Are the services you listed above free?

On a sidenote, how or why do my SENT gmail messages keep showing up in my Snappermail inbox? did i set something wrong?
    Anyone familiar w/IzyMail Online which is go btw for hotmail and snapper? It costs so I'd like to know before I even use the trial and get used to it.

Are the services you listed above free?

On a sidenote, how or why do my SENT gmail messages keep showing up in my Snappermail inbox? did i set something wrong?
    I know of Izy, but am not familiar with it...but I know I've seen others mention it here, so try doing a search and see if it returns anything.

Fastmail does have a free account.

As to your gmail question, it is because of the way they handle email, using a thread based system. This is normal. There may be a setting on gmails website, or Snapper itself to eliminate this, but if you forward your gMail to another server, (like fastmail) you won't have this problem.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Thanks.

Snapper's support just mentioned fastmail as well, and since it's been mentioned here, plus it's free, i might give it a try. Plus, i see a few plans that are fairly reasonable.

As for gmail, I've been trying to figure it out w/no luck currently. I agree that it might be the thread-based system that's causing the system to behave the way it does.
    Yeah, just use fastmail for access hotmail and then use IMAP to access fastmail via snapper or etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    ^ Care to give me 1,2,3 type instructions on how to do that?

I've signed up for the guest acct. w/fastmail and I'm willing to pay for at least the $19.95 or $14.95 service if needed.
    ^ Care to give me 1,2,3 type instructions on how to do that?

I've signed up for the guest acct. w/fastmail and I'm willing to pay for at least the $19.95 or $14.95 service if needed.
    HERE:

1) logon to fastmail.fm account

2) click on options > pop links

3) click 'create new' and select 'hotmail' under 'type settings'

4) make sure File into folder is selected "inbox"

Finally setup your fastmail.fm IMAP settings on the email client on the Treo. For example in my chatter settings:

IMAP server: mail.messagingengine.com
    login name: username@fastmail.fm
    passward:

SMTP server: mail.messagingengine.com

That's it. Using chatter then, you will have all your hotmail pushed to the Treo. A similar configuration can be done with gmail fyi if you have your gmail settings to automatically forward all mail to you fastmail account....

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

At the main Inbox page, on the upper row of links, click Options
    Click Pop Links (Center Column, second link down)
    This is where you can configure which mailboxes to fetch.
    The dropdown list ("Type:" underneath "Display Name:") has a Hotmail setting.

(damn, the funkster beat me to it!)

10.    #10  
    Thanks i'm trying it right now as we speak. I'll report back w/the news.
  11.    #11  
    enh...Izymail seemed to be simplier to setup w/the screenshot instructions so i'm going to give it a try. Fastmail was a little too cluttered for the simple guy like myself lol.

But i do appreciate all the help that you two offered.
    Last edited by gotty; 10/21/2005 at 05:44 PM.
    Izymail is a NIGHTMARE, IMO. Please don't use it for IMAP; you will likely regret it.

Marc
  13.    #13  
    well, I was just having too much trouble setting up Fastmail.

I can't say Izymail is the greatest thus far b/c it's looking a tad bit unstable. But for the moment and until I can find a better solution, it will have to do.

I hate to leave Snappermail b/c it normally (pre-phone crash) handles my needs but I simply can't achieve the same setup I had for some reason. Is Chattermail that much better for handling Hotmail?
    I'm sorry, but what the heck is soo complicated about fastmail? I mean, I even posted the instructions above on how to set it up! Plus it is FREE!!

15.    #15  
    i just couldn't navigate thru all that & set it up.

After dealing w/the phone for hours unend just setting it back up, spending another 2hrs fooling w/email services became such a headache when looking @ fastmail.

I'll try izymail and after this, i guess i'll end up switching to Chatter.

Thanks for the help though.
    I recently opened up a program called HeatMail for public Beta. HeatMail is a custom mail client that connects directly to Hotmail. During the beta, I'm requesting feedback from anyone interested in testing it out. You can download the Beta by sending a request to heatmailsupport@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
    Troy