1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I wonder if there is some extension for the Treo 650 that makes it a GAP compatible DECT phone? It would be absolutely great to be able to use it as "normal" cordless phone when being at home.

As an alternative (but not as nice and easy as the above solution): Is there software for the Treo that - given a WiFi extension - makes it a VoIP phone? With an open VoIP standard it would be possible to route the calls to and from the POTS with about any computer.

Any hints or even experiences?
    Yeah, there are various 3rd party docking stations like this one from phone labs:

http://www.phonelabs.com/

I haven't use one personally, but do a search on the forums for more user experiences...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Anyone try this yet? Wondering what your thoughts are about it.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    This is one option. Allows you to use Bluetooth to connect. You can place calls through your Treo (or any Bluetooth cellphone) to make/receive calls. Use your cell minutes on a home phone!

http://www.uniden.com/productpop/00_...d_code=ELBT595

Personally, I haven't had a home phone since 2000, thanks to Sprint's low rates. I got plenty of minutes! Just use a wired headset, and I'm good!
    Last edited by ericshmerick; 11/14/2005 at 06:56 PM.
    You can use your Treo in place of their phone or somehow connect to their phone via the Treo?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    You can use your Treo in place of their phone or somehow connect to their phone via the Treo?
    I think you are asking me that...you connect via bluetooth to your treo...i.e. you would just use the home phone (uniden) to connect to your treo via BT when you place a call. You would have to carry your Treo with you (b/c of BT range issues) but you would be technically be using your Treo to call...and the Uniden to speak thru it (think of it as a BT headset that looks like a phone).