Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbignipperxx
    With VC diabled I don't get the lockups caused by VC...but the slow response is still there. Had it before the Cingular update and still have it now. It's especially bad when keying in to my voicemail. The timedate issue is weird...the time is correct...my outgoing text times are correct, but my incoming do not match. So say it is 1pm I send a text out....it marks it 1pm...then 5 minutes later I get a text back...it should be marked 1:05pm...but it's not...it'll say like 11am or something random.
    Lets walk through this issue if you don't mind. What version of VolumeCare are you using? There was a rare crashign problem with VC in past releases (prior to V4.30). I have also included a "Alternate Volume Graph" option in the Global Options menu that will remove all conflicts the Volume Graph had with 3rd party applications. I would suggest you enable this option and see if that helps. I can assure you that I will do everything in my power to stop this condition from happening on your Treo.

I am wondering if you have heard about the "SIM Tray" problem on Cingular phones? This tray problem is the cause of a *very* large number of stability problems! The problems you mentioned in your first post have all been symptoms of the SIM Tray problem! There are 2 ways to fix this problem.

1) Go to your local Cingular store and get a new SIM Tray
    2) Remove your SIM Tray from the 650.
    3) Remove the SIM from the Tray
    4) Put 3 to 4 layers of scotch tape on the *back* of the SIM *card*.
    5) Trim the excess tape from the SIM card
    6) Put the SIM card back into the SIM Tray
    7) Put the SIM Tray back into the Treo

You will probably notice an immediate improvement in phone stability.

I would welcome a call from you to discuss your issues and to do what I can to help you get your Treo up and running. Drop me an email with your phone number and I will give you a call.

Jeff
    support@GoTreoSoftware.com
    Hi Jeff!

If only the rest of the software world (and business world, for that matter) would emulate your approach. . . .

That would be awesome.

Cheers, Perry.
    Jeff...you are the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Jeff!

If only the rest of the software world (and business world, for that matter) would emulate your approach. . . .

That would be awesome.

Cheers, Perry.
    I couldn't agree with you more!
    Jeff is a decent developer and it must be a trip to read about someone trashing your product while you are most likely arduously working on some other project that could optimize our Treo experience! Again this forum is for folk to share tips and help each other and opine (Bush's fav. word) on design genius/flaws of the Treo. But to cast obloquy upon someone's product/name without contacting them is just wrong. I sincerely hope you(original poster) want and get the help anyone plunking down big dinero deserves!
    Yeah, sounds like one of the two common issues... Syncing bad data or software from an older device, or a hardware problem.

My Treo went about a month without a spontaneous reset (note: I don't use Blazer much) and only 3-4 GSM-slowdown resets due to multiple alarms or screens or whatever the hell causes that bug. No "maintenance" resets, etc.

Since then I've installed some newer updates, new software, and here and there reset, maybe a few times a week. Tried Agendus Mail, junk.. Tried some other stuff, weirdness..

I love my Treo and I've always loved Palms, but it really needs to be more robust and not let the smallest thing make it crash.
  6.    #26  
    Sorry for the delayed response. I am not too much of an active poster but I came back to this thread and I commend you for your response. I have read about the dirty tray and yes I have tried cleaning it out. The problem seems to be with VC locking up. When is this new update going to be out?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbignipperxx
    Sorry for the delayed response. I am not too much of an active poster but I came back to this thread and I commend you for your response. I have read about the dirty tray and yes I have tried cleaning it out. The problem seems to be with VC locking up. When is this new update going to be out?
    I have re-posted v4.30 of VolumeCare on my web site until I can find the root of this problem.

Jeff
    Jeff,
    Just to clarify regarding the SIM Tray: It's more about the phone portion (radio) remaining on, rather than the whole device locking up or resetting.
    When the sim tray is not giving enough contact, the phone (radio) simply shuts off, but it doesn't necessarily cause freezes/resets on the device. At least that's been the case on my several Cingular Treos.
    And yes, the shim and/or new tray prevents this for the most part.
    Last edited by mistercoffee1; 10/26/2005 at 10:25 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12