Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a full featured email app that supports POP, and dowloads to your SD card or internal memory. What's out there for me?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Chatter
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I'll second Chatter and if you want REAL e-mail, ditch POP and get an IMAP account. You can thank me later.
    chatter
    snappermail is not too shaby, neither is agendus mail. Both do the job pretty well, with the former being a little more organized and the latter with better graphics.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Agendus is more expensive and way over simplified. It has trouble finding folders on some imap implimentations, so you have no access to your other folders. It can't do multiple From addresses at all without setting up complete full accounts for each one. Also, if SSL is on and there's some network/gprs/etc issue, it takes about 60s for it to timeout trying to connect to your mailbox.

Snapper handles both of these better. However Chatter handles the multiple from's the best; it simply lets you define multiple identities instead of multiple accounts.
    Another for Chatter.

If all you want is POP3, Snapper would do. However considering Chatter is cheaper, and gives you push, should you ever go that route, it's more flexible.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Chatter is as close to software magic as anything on a treo, and the developer is a nice guy that reads these forums.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    2 and a big ole for Chatter.
  10. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I use Agendus, but I currently have Snapper installed as well (I own both), because Agendus Mail has had this giant bug for a while where it will receive e-mail from certain types of accounts (Yahoo is one) and the e-mail will be seen as an unreadable attachment. The kicker is that in addition to Yahoo and some other ISPs that I've noticed this problem with, mail sent from Agendus is also unreadable in Agendus!

I prefer it because it integrates well with Agendus, but if you're not an Agendus user there may not be any reason to get it. At any rate, until they fix this bug (which they claim they'll get to eventually), it's pretty much useless.
    Chatter
    I tried SnapperMail and Chatter. Chatter is very feature rich and seems to be the prefered app however, I settled on Snapper because it is much more stable for me and has all the features I wanted.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    I'm thinking about Chatter. If you set it up to "push" your email, how noticeable is the extra battery drain I've read about?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venture
    I'm thinking about Chatter. If you set it up to "push" your email, how noticeable is the extra battery drain I've read about?

Thanks.
    personally i do not notice it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venture

Thanks.
    It's hard to tell because everyone can set it up differently as far as how many email accounts you want it to check, whether you set it up to quicksync or be 'live' all the time (real-time push). Marc has also put an efficient sync option that saves a little bit of juice too.

I have a 600 (replaced battery) that I have running chatter from 6am to midnight. I talk and chat with yahoo messenger and do about 20 emails a day with it. I can go from 6am to about 5pm before I put it on the charger (2 pushed imap accounts). YMMV.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Well, the main thing is I'm a DJ, and I get a lot of mp3s emailed to me via my Gmail account. I have my POP for Gmail setup thru VersaMail. I would like to be able to download my mp3s to my SD card so I can check them out while on the go. VersaMail won't do it. Most of you say go with Chatter. If its not a pain to setup and not too expensive I'll grab that if it will do what I need.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    OMG! That app is 40 bucks! that would be the most expensive software I've ever purchased for my Treos. I'm gonna try the trial. You guys think it's worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    OMG! That app is 40 bucks! that would be the most expensive software I've ever purchased for my Treos. I'm gonna try the trial. You guys think it's worth it?
    Chatter is more than worth it. There is no "battery drain" especially using efficient sync. Chatter is the most used app on my Treo bar NONE. Chatter is the reason why I will not be changing phones any time soon. It will download MP3's and save them to your card. MP3's might take a few minutes to download if it is an entire song, but the best thing with Chatter is that as you are downloading the MP3, you will still be able to use your Treo as a PDA (cant make phone calls with a data connection ongoing), or turn it off. NO other email app will give you that option.
    NO battery drain using effecient sync? It uses aboue 1.5% battery per hour doing NOTHING! Offline with qsync disabled!

Chatter is great, but it's spinning the cpu somewhere. And when it's online doing keepalives waiting for mail, it's at least using 3% per hour, and I don't get a lot of email.

I charge every night, so it wouldn't be that big a deal for me, but I went back to Snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    There is no "battery drain" especially using efficient sync.
    That's not really true, and Marc will readily state that with CDMA phones, there is a more noticable battery hit.

With 1 IMAP account, I see about 2% or so per hour with light usage.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast