1.    #1  
    Now, I'm aware that the Sprint version of the Treo 650 now supports and works with BMW Bluetooth (text from the Sprint firmware update and also backed up by BMW on their website).

I was very surprised to see the latest firmware release for the GSM didn't include the fix for the additional cars especially in my case the BMW.

I've sent an email to Palm asking them when the next release of the firmware is which will fix this problem or if I can have a bluetooth patch that will fix this. Their reply was along the line of - "we don't have a fix for this, check our website for updates blah blah blah" - complete waste of time.

Now, I presume that this is a pure Bluetooth stack problem on the GSM. Is there any genious out there that could remove the Bluetooth stack from the Sprint ROM version and replace my GSM one with it? I'm pretty technical but I have no idea when it comes to ROM's etc.

I'm sure if someone came up for a fix there would be 100's maybe 1000's of BMW owners that would be extremely grateful.

Oh and BTW, I can't replace my GSM with a Sprint one (nice try) as I live in the UK!!
    I recall reading either in Bimmerfest or X5 World forums that the the later models (2005) have BT Systems that work with the GSM T650. I know, this will not solve your problem but check out these forums. Maybe someone out there was able to find a fix already.

Just got my 2005 X5 3 weeks ago and it did pair easily with my locked Cingular T650. It does not transfer the address book, just the Favorites-speed dial which is no big deal because the BMW Voice Command System can also dial by name or number for you.
    Last edited by Treo Rat; 10/20/2005 at 04:40 AM.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    same here. i bought an x5 in may. at the dealership they told me the 650 would not link with the 2005 x5 and at first they were right. but after the firmware update (i have an unlocked gsm from palm with t-mobile) it linked up. not the entire phone book but with the favorites. the 650 though is finicky...only one bt device works at a time and the posts about the resets are correct in my case. when in the bmw the phone will work but not my headset. just got the tomtom5 (for another car since the x5 has a navi) but it really confuses my phone when i'm in the bmw!

alan
    I just like to inform everyone that ever since I updated my GSM Treo 650 with the new leaked 1.43/1.14 firmware it now pairs perfectly with my BMW X3. THe phone works better, connects faster, and doesn't seem to reset as much. I was fussing with BMW quite a bit for their lack of support but now realize it's Palm's problem after all. I am hoping the 'official' firmware update release from Palm will be even better.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I was just about to purchase an X5 tonight.
    It would pair OK and I was even able to make a phone call.
    However, everytime it would talk about downloading the phone book it would reset my Treo 650. I have an unlocked GSM device with the latest official upgrade from Palm. I tried the 2005, 2006 both with and without the NAV computer.

Any advice?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    I was just about to purchase an X5 tonight.
    It would pair OK and I was even able to make a phone call.
    However, everytime it would talk about downloading the phone book it would reset my Treo 650. I have an unlocked GSM device with the latest official upgrade from Palm. I tried the 2005, 2006 both with and without the NAV computer.

Any advice?
    Make sure you have no extra digits in your Favorites numbers. The later BMW BT causes resets in the T650 when it tries to sync the phonebook if there are extra digits for say voicemail, etc.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Thanks RFG17,
    I'll try it again tonight. Just one more question: is it OK to have applications still in the favorites list or do I have to remove those too?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Apps are fine, as are web links, sms messages, email names.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Cool!
    I went down to the dealer and paired successfully with BMW X5s '05 and '06, with and without GPS Navigation and it worked. It was the extra digits in one of the quick contacts that was to blame (sheesh!)

...AND yes, I placed an order for an X5 tonight too. I'll have it on 11/20!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    My brother in law has a brand new E90 325i sedan, which came with Bluetooth. We were able to pair my GSM Treo 650 with it and sync the favorites list. It's cool system, you just have to organize your favorites neatly. I didn't get a chance to play with the voice dial features.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    Cool!
    I went down to the dealer and paired successfully with BMW X5s '05 and '06, with and without GPS Navigation and it worked. It was the extra digits in one of the quick contacts that was to blame (sheesh!)

...AND yes, I placed an order for an X5 tonight too. I'll have it on 11/20!
    If you haven't already, check out http://x5world.com

It's like the "TreoCentral.com" of X5 fanatics

Warning: This will make your 11/20 arrival date excruciatingly sloooooooow!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????