1.    #1  
    are there any free ones for MP3 Ringtones?
    Free ringtones? You can make them yourself (do a search) or you can download a collection of them that are already cut short over at MTDN.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    You can make them yourself (do a search)
    Speaking of which, what utilities do you use to record segments of a full MP3 to use as a ringtone? I suppose you could just use the whole MP3 but then you're stuck with having it play from the very start of the song.

I used to use Creative MediaSource, a utility that came packages with my Zen MP3 player, but that s/w doesn't work on my computer any longer.

Windoze Media Player doesn't have a "record" feature, so I need a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Speaking of which, what utilities do you use to record segments of a full MP3 to use as a ringtone? I suppose you could just use the whole MP3 but then you're stuck with having it play from the very start of the song.

I used to use Creative MediaSource, a utility that came packages with my Zen MP3 player, but that s/w doesn't work on my computer any longer.

Windoze Media Player doesn't have a "record" feature, so I need a new one.
    Check out this reply.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Ha ha, in Germany we have "RingHero" to create our own ringtones. You can create it by yourself, and download it using your Wap-Software. That means you just pay for Wap. Are there any similar programs in the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Check out this reply.
    Thanks, Gungho.