Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In the never ending quest to stay connected and be more productive I bought verichat and am already seeing the difference. This Treo lifestyle gets more amazing day by day. Here I am strolling down the street listening to some mp3s with pocket tunes and "ding" a graphic artist pings me, asking me to review a comp. I download the comp to the phone, making some notes using bug me and send it back to the artist, all while still listening to my music. Pretty Cool
    Last edited by tj8212; 10/19/2005 at 11:58 PM.
    I love those moments. When you sit back and just say "wow."
    Followed by a WSOD or other reset, in which case you say "&^%#@ Verichat!!"
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    That has nothing to do with verichat. You must have one of the "VERY FEW" buggy treos
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    That has nothing to do with verichat. You must have one of the "VERY FEW" buggy treos
    "HAD" a buggy Treo. It's fine now since I no longer use Verichat.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    What is verichat good for? Haw is it any different than sending an IMAP Chatter email?

I just bought my wife a T650 and would like to set up some kind of "direct dedicated fast connection" thing. I had planned to just use Chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    What is verichat good for? Haw is it any different than sending an IMAP Chatter email?

I just bought my wife a T650 and would like to set up some kind of "direct dedicated fast connection" thing. I had planned to just use Chatter.
    Verichat is Instant Messaging using your MSN Messenger, Y!, AIM, and/or ICQ accounts.

When it works, it's great.

IMAP/Chatter would accomplish the same thing more or less, but it would be like sitting at your PC and sending email back and forth as opposed to IM'ing someone.

Thanks Insertion. So it sounds like Instant messaging it pointless if you already use Chatter.

My wife is likely to forget to charge her phone. Is Verichat easier on the battery than Chatter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Thanks Insertion. So it sounds like Instant messaging it pointless if you already use Chatter.

My wife is likely to forget to charge her phone. Is Verichat easier on the battery than Chatter?
    I wouldn't say it's pointless. It would be easier than email, since it would be like a conversation. You can always send files with it. However, for your needs, it may be too much since if you needed to get hold of her "Now", you could just SMS.

It would work best when the other person is at a PC, say at work, or even home and texting might not be the best option.

Verichat is like any other "always on" program, it will use battery life. You can set it up to use SMS to receive messages, that way it'll save battery life.

Like I said, when it works, it's good. But it would reset my Treo at least two or three times a day.

Tanks Big I,

I'll stick with Chatter and SMS,,,,,,,, Do the Monkey Mistresses know about the @ss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Verichat is Instant Messaging using your MSN Messenger, Y!, AIM, and/or ICQ accounts.
    I'm new the T650, but fairly 'puter literate. So forgive me if this is an idiotic question (didn't really see it answered in a search).

Why would one use Verichat? I use YM and have been logging onto Yahoo on the T650 using messenger that way. Does this prevent me from getting calls since I'm on Blazer? Does Verichat let you chat and get phone calls?

The only benefit I can see from Verichat's website is that it would show me as always being online. Which, imho, is not a benefit. Don't need to be getting IMs 24 hours a day.

Any and all education welcome and appreciated.

Brent
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    I'm new the T650, but fairly 'puter literate. So forgive me if this is an idiotic question (didn't really see it answered in a search).

Why would one use Verichat? I use YM and have been logging onto Yahoo on the T650 using messenger that way. Does this prevent me from getting calls since I'm on Blazer? Does Verichat let you chat and get phone calls?

The only benefit I can see from Verichat's website is that it would show me as always being online. Which, imho, is not a benefit. Don't need to be getting IMs 24 hours a day.

Any and all education welcome and appreciated.

Brent
    For one thing, Verichat is an all in one solution. Yahoo, MSN, AIM and ICQ are all supported, and you can be logged into all at once, or just one service. So, that would be one advantage.

I'm not sure how you're using Y! Are you using the Blazer portal (since you mention it?) Having blazer open won't prevent you from getting calls. Only an active data exchange will -downloading a web page, recieving an email, etc... If it's just idling, you'll still recieve calls.

Verichat would work the same way, if you're getting or sending an IM at the instant a call is coming in, you'll miss a it.

Verichat hasn't been nearly as unstable for me.
    Another reason is that Verichat works in the background. My friend uses the Y! client and only seems to get IMs when he actually has the app open. With Verichat, i get IMs whenever logged in whether I am "in" Verichat or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Verichat hasn't been nearly as unstable for me.
    I agreee. Verichat has been one of the more stable programs for me. The onmly time it crashes is if im in the options and I get an IM, this causes a soft reset. Besides that its been noting buit stable for me.
    i havent seen the resets either. ive had it over a month and i keep it on constantly when im at work since my job blocks im's on its computers and cant remember having any resets. there was one day a couple weeks ago when verichat was down completely but other than that everything has been great-although im not sure about the idea of having to renew my subscription in a year. hello toccer.
    toccer maybe free, but I find it to be lacking some features and its ugly to use.

Quote Originally Posted by diestarbucksdie
    i havent seen the resets either. ive had it over a month and i keep it on constantly when im at work since my job blocks im's on its computers and cant remember having any resets. there was one day a couple weeks ago when verichat was down completely but other than that everything has been great-although im not sure about the idea of having to renew my subscription in a year. hello toccer.
    Verichat has become _much_ more stable over the last few months.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss

Well it depends on what you do. For people who like to work from anywhere and need to stay in contact with other workers around the globe, verichat helps a lot
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    question for the verichat users out there. I've gathered that I can log on to multiple services with verichat, but can you log on to multiple accounts with the same service? I have more than one yahoo account, for instance. I'm figuring that it won't work, but thought I'd ask.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast