1.    #1  
    Last month I bought TomTom5 and installed it on my Treo 650. I am really happy with the way it works, the interface and everything. Until today that is. I bought the TT5 at Fry's in Oregon for $299.00. Now I see the Palm Store has TT5 with a monting kit and a vehicle cable for both the GPS and the Treo for $239.00. $60 bucks less and additional hardware. The Bluetooth GPS does look different in the pic's.
    My experience is that Fry's often does not have the best deals. If it's not an advertised special, you can almost always get it for less elsewhere. I bought my Tomtom bundle from Tigergps back in July for $270 including shipping. The receiver on the Palm bundle is probably not SiRF III but the Tomtom MkII you likely have is. However, there are bundles with comparable receivers available now in the $230 range. Some recent posts discuss this in more detail if you care to search for them....
  3.    #3  
    I now understand about Fry's and their pricing.
    Thanks
    Don Smith
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I was wondering does TomTom Navigator 5 support walking or just driving? the differnece being you can walk across roads where as with driving it has to re calculate. Also will the GPS receiver work if its in a bag or does it need a clear line of sight?
  5.    #5  
    The TT5 preferences does include walking paths as well as bicycle paths. I have not tried any of those options. I have only used the automobile options. The GPS will work in a bag.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Still waiting for Belkin to send my replacement battery. Last I heard, it was compatible Nokia battery. Fishing here, but any possibility anyone know anything about this?

Thx.

:\

Quote Originally Posted by dasmith59
    The TT5 preferences does include walking paths as well as bicycle paths. I have not tried any of those options. I have only used the automobile options. The GPS will work in a bag.