1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 decided to give up the ghost today, won't turn on at all. I purchased this from a Cingular customer a little while ago, however I'm a T-Mobile customer. Palm refuses to do anything other than give me the number to Cingular hardware support. Cingular refuses to do anything b/c I'm not a Cingular customer. Anyone else out there had any experience w/ this? Words of advice?
    Last edited by keltorsori; 10/19/2005 at 04:50 PM.
    You are up the creek without a paddle, I am sorry to say.

Did Palm refuse to deal with you at all, or will they look at it for a fee? I would be surprised if they wouldn't fix it for a hefty fee.
    I assume you are convinced it is dead. . . . . .

Won't turn on . . . . .

soft reset?
    hard reset?

leave the battery out for a day . . . . . then try again.

battery still making contact? Dead battery?

Did it just stop working. . . .or was there a significant emotional experience before it died? (Dropped? Run over by a car?)

Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    You are up the creek without a paddle, I am sorry to say.

Did Palm refuse to deal with you at all, or will they look at it for a fee? I would be surprised if they wouldn't fix it for a hefty fee.
    Stupid thing is, Palm tells me it's under warranty until April of 2006, but that I HAVE to deal w/ Cingular. Grrr...I need to find a friend w/ a Cingular account I guess.
  5.    #5  
    Well, all ends well it looks like. The guy I bought it from arranged a replacement for me. Here's to hoping I don't have to bother him again b/t now and April.