1.    #1  
    thanks to all of you I have given my wife my ipod, and begun using my treo 650 as a ipod with Video! How can I shrink mp3's to ogg for free

Thanks

Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by chiselmonkey99
    thanks to all of you I have given my wife my ipod, and begun using my treo 650 as a ipod with Video! How can I shrink mp3's to ogg for free

Thanks

Rick
    Search PC Freeware

Pockettunes supports Ogg Vorbis
    Keep in mind that any conversion you make will decrease the quality of the recording.
    Zane
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    FreeRip

http://www.mgshareware.com/frmmain.shtml

Freeware...conversion worked fine....be sure to uncheck the box for the spyware search bar thingy.

Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    Keep in mind that any conversion you make will decrease the quality of the recording.
    Zane
    So why not listen to the original Vorbis ogg in Pockettunes and scratch the conversion ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    So why not listen to the original Vorbis ogg in Pockettunes and scratch the conversion ?
    The original question was about converting mp3's to ogg.
    I agree that ogg is better, and when I rip a CD, it is to ogg. However, I still use some mp3's, like for mp3Ringer.
    Every time you convert to a different format, you lose some quality, even going from a CD to wav to ogg (or mp3). Going from mp3 to ogg will lose even more.
    Zane
    Not much point except for ringers !
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Not much point except for ringers !
    I totally agree. I do have some music from a well-known site that I can only convert to mp3 for my Treo.
    Zane