1.    #1  
    Ok, so I was just given a Treo 600 by a friend and the battrey is completly dead, but I know that it was sitting in her desk drawer for many months, so I doubt it has been charged for a long time.

I had to buy a new charger which i got cheaply from ebay and now when I connect it, it powers up and then immedialty tells me that the battery is about to die and to plug it in. The message then disappears, then reapears. The LED changes from Orange (charging?) to green and I get messages popping up every few seconds, at diffrent intervals (sometimes nothing for 30-40 secs).

It's as if I am pluging and unpluging the charger.

I see two possible causes.

1) Faulty charger which is possible given that it is extremely cheap, but I have wiggled the connection and the Treo stays powered when connected, albeit not charging.

2) Faulty battery, not taking the charge. This is what I fear.

I have done a battery disconnect reset and it didn't make any difference.

Has anyone experienced similar problems (I trawled the forums without much luck) and if so is my battery up the creek?

Any insight appreciated!

Thanks
    I had this happen to me when the battery got run down too low. It also *probably happened because the non OEM chargers seem to charge and then not charge for just 1/2 second and then charge for a while.

Because my battery was under 20%, I would constantly get the 'battery is low, charge now' message (which incidently kept turning on my screen taking more juice).

My solution was to change the preferences so that the screen turns off after 30 seconds, turn the display down all the way to use less power and then turn the keyguard on. Then plug it into the charger and then turn it face down (I couldnt bear to see it come on and off). Come back to it in an hour or two and it should be above the 20% mark and you should be ok until it completely charges.

Consider getting the OEM charger too. It gives it a constant charge and eliminates this problem IMO.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Thanks t2gungho.

I left it plugged in overnight and when I checked it this morning it was fully charged and there was no sign of any battery warning messages.

I guess it must be the problems you described as the charger did cost me 99c on Ebay!!

Hopefully the charge will hold.

Thanks Again
    Wait for t2gungho's bill !
    Quote Originally Posted by millhouse
    Thanks t2gungho.

I left it plugged in overnight and when I checked it this morning it was fully charged and there was no sign of any battery warning messages.

I guess it must be the problems you described as the charger did cost me 99c on Ebay!!

Hopefully the charge will hold.

Thanks Again
    Hey you live and learn. I love ebay but I use the OEM charger while I am at work and then I never let the battery get that low. I use the non-OEM at home when my treo is put to bed (with the ringer switch turned off).

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Wait for t2gungho's bill !
    LOL, no bill. If I had to pay for all the good info on this site, I would have stopped coming here a long time ago.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate your help...For a minute I thought I had wasted 99c!!!

Whilst I have your attention...seeing as this 600 is clean and been sitting in a drawer, are they any updates that I could/should do to it? It's software is Treo600-1.12-INT?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Hey you live and learn. I love ebay but I use the OEM charger while I am at work and then I never let the battery get that low. I use the non-OEM at home when my treo is put to bed (with the ringer switch turned off).

LOL, no bill. If I had to pay for all the good info on this site, I would have stopped coming here a long time ago.
    .......kidding...wink ..wink
    Quote Originally Posted by millhouse
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate your help...For a minute I thought I had wasted 99c!!!

Whilst I have your attention...seeing as this 600 is clean and been sitting in a drawer, are they any updates that I could/should do to it? It's software is Treo600-1.12-INT?
    I have sprint and my software revision says:

Treo600-1.20-SPR