1.    #1  
    Hey guys!

I hope you're all well

A couple days ago, the bottom of my touchscreen began to go out

So the LCD looks fine and there are not lighting probs

But if you consider the menu with all of the direct dial buttons, then the bottom row would not be sensitive to touch

another example --- I cannot touch the event keys on the Palm Calendar, that are all on the bottom

however, I can still scroll over everything with my nav, and the rest of the LCD can be controlled through touch

anyhoo ---- do any of you know what the problem could be?

Unfortunately, I did not get the insurance (yes, I feel dumb) and I believe I got the phone last November ---- does Palm have a one year warranty on it? Or does it look like I'm stuck with it?

thank you all for any help! It is greatly appreciated!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Have you tried simply re-calibrating the screen?
    Did you apply a new screen protector in the last few days? Could there be a corner of it stuck between the plastic case and the touch screen? There have been several reports in this forum of touch screens that failed completely and were revived by removing the screen protector.

It doesn't have to be a screen protector, either. A bit of grit, paper, dust, etc. can cause the problem too.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
  4.    #4  
    THanks fellas!

I didn't use a screen protector

However - I take the thing everywhere, so is there any way to clean dirt out from the sides?

And no - I haven't tried recalibrating ---- how would I go about doing that?

Thank you all!!!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
  5.    #5  
    okay - I ran the WELCOME app again, and tapped the targets with the stylus

Everything works PERFECT again

THANK YOU GREENBERG and everyone else!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy
    okay - I ran the WELCOME app again, and tapped the targets with the stylus

Everything works PERFECT again

THANK YOU GREENBERG and everyone else!
    That's it.

You can also do it by going into PREFERENCES, and then selecting TOUCHSCREEN.

Glad you got it working again.
    Yeah, that happened to me once, too. Recalibration solved it.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.