1.    #1  
    OK,
    I did it the stupid easy way. I put my new GSM Treo in the cradle and synced it with the same user name as I had been using on my Sprint 650. It worked ok for a few days. But now I am having recurrent, daily resets, lock-ups, screen freezes, etc. My Sprint phone did not have these problems

My questions to the forum:

1. Are there Sprint specific programs or files that are screwing everything up?
    2. Should I just do a hard reset and do it the right way, one program at a time?

thanks in advance for your help
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    OK,
    I did it the stupid easy way. I put my new GSM Treo in the cradle and synced it with the same user name as I had been using on my Sprint 650. It worked ok for a few days. But now I am having recurrent, daily resets, lock-ups, screen freezes, etc. My Sprint phone did not have these problems

2. Should I just do a hard reset and do it the right way, one program at a time?

I would hard reset and start fresh. I've never done it, but it just seems restoring from one carrier to another is asking for trouble.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    OK,

Wouldn't the ROM versions be different? Considering that CDMA and GSM updates usually have different version numbers.
    Grab yourself a copy of BackupMan, and a 16-32MB SD card. That's all you need.

I mean, I accidentally restored a ATTWS T600 backup on a Cingular T650, and it worked fine, so I don't see how a CDMA650 ---> GSM650 transfer would be troublesome.
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Wouldn't the ROM versions be different? Considering that CDMA and GSM updates usually have different version numbers.
    Yes, but the ROM is hardwired into the phone. You don't have any effect on the ROM when you restore via a HotSync or backup. It takes specific software to flash the ROM.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I just changed from Sprint to Cingular last week and moved all of my backup files over three at a time to make sure that they would copy over. When I first tried a straight restore, the phone would crash and rest on what I assume were Sprint (or CDMA) specific files. The phone has been fine ever since and everything I had on the Sprint phone is on the Cingular one.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  7.    #7  
    As an update, the phone continued to freeze every hour or so today. LED would go orange, screen would go black and either stay that way or I could wake it up but it was frozen on the phone app screen with no signal. I guess I could have hunted for some of the "carrier profile" or such files. Just got pissed and did a hard reset so I could at least make a phone call...

Since the hard reset. No freezes. Works like a charm. Course can't hear a damn thing since I didn't have volumecare. No phone numbers. No datebook.

Oh well, here we go, one app at a time....

thanks for the input
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650