Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree with techprincesse! Imagin how crappy a "diamondized" Treo would look with half the beads falling off!
    If the self stick-on ones fall off, you could easily stick a new one on, or take them all off farily easily, for that matter, and save a hunk of money while you're at it!

I wish mine was blue

Back during the Palm Zire 72 peeling paint fiasco, there were people who were painting their Zires. They seemed to have it down to a pretty good science regarding processes & materials, but the Treo's form factor (with keys, etc) would be much more difficult to mask.

I suppose you could leave the keypad area unpainted for a two-toned Treo!
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades
    How many Canadians does it take to figure out what the 650 is used for?
    We're still trying to get a committee organized to study how to screw in a lightbulb up here...

http://www.ibacos.com/qhome/img/Jan04/cartoon.jpg
    Yeah, but they are just the "sticker" style crystals. NYC Peach uses a special bonding process that guartantees they stay on...Is is worth $300 or $400, not for me...but when you are a little princess I guess it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    We're still trying to get a committee organized to study how to screw in a lightbulb up here...

http://www.ibacos.com/qhome/img/Jan04/cartoon.jpg
    That's great
    I doubt the bonding process is so special... I was on the NYCPeach forum and there are many folks on there who dropped their cel/ipod/sidekick, etc and had crystals conveniently fly/fall off. They all then in turn have to send it BACK to NYCPeach for "repair service" at almost $100 per repair.

Their site also states verbatim "We enclose a small pack of extra stones with each order in case one or two comes off. Just a drop of super glue and all is well." If the bonding process was so top secret these $400 stones wouldnt just "come off." No thanks!

Maybe cause I have been dabbling in jewelry repair for the past year and know I can get over a 1000 of the true swarovski crystals in bulk for $40 and some crystal glue for $5 then I am doubting the $400 value they put on this service. I guess what you are paying for is time in essence, and people are asking for some complicated designs. I'm taking a shot at doing one of my ipods at any rate before I try something really valuable... hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    Yeah, but they are just the "sticker" style crystals. NYC Peach uses a special bonding process that guartantees they stay on...Is is worth $300 or $400, not for me...but when you are a little princess I guess it is...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I doubt the bonding process is so special... I was on the NYCPeach forum and there are many folks on there who dropped their cel/ipod/sidekick, etc and had crystals conveniently fly/fall off. They all then in turn have to send it BACK to NYCPeach for "repair service" at almost $100 per repair.

Their site also states verbatim "We enclose a small pack of extra stones with each order in case one or two comes off. Just a drop of super glue and all is well." If the bonding process was so top secret these $400 stones wouldnt just "come off." No thanks!

Maybe cause I have been dabbling in jewelry repair for the past year and know I can get over a 1000 of the true swarovski crystals in bulk for $40 and some crystal glue for $5 then I am doubting the $400 value they put on this service. I guess what you are paying for is time in essence, and people are asking for some complicated designs. I'm taking a shot at doing one of my ipods at any rate before I try something really valuable... hahaha!
    Post some pictures when you're done. I'd like to see it. I'm getting a friend the new iPod and may actually send it off if it looks decent (decent as in not a studio photograph).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12