Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21  
    I agree with techprincesse! Imagin how crappy a "diamondized" Treo would look with half the beads falling off!
    If the self stick-on ones fall off, you could easily stick a new one on, or take them all off farily easily, for that matter, and save a hunk of money while you're at it!

    I wish mine was blue

    Back during the Palm Zire 72 peeling paint fiasco, there were people who were painting their Zires. They seemed to have it down to a pretty good science regarding processes & materials, but the Treo's form factor (with keys, etc) would be much more difficult to mask.

    I suppose you could leave the keypad area unpainted for a two-toned Treo!
    -jeff

    ...the Truth will set you free!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades
    How many Canadians does it take to figure out what the 650 is used for?
    We're still trying to get a committee organized to study how to screw in a lightbulb up here...

    http://www.ibacos.com/qhome/img/Jan04/cartoon.jpg
  3. #23  
    Yeah, but they are just the "sticker" style crystals. NYC Peach uses a special bonding process that guartantees they stay on...Is is worth $300 or $400, not for me...but when you are a little princess I guess it is...
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    We're still trying to get a committee organized to study how to screw in a lightbulb up here...

    http://www.ibacos.com/qhome/img/Jan04/cartoon.jpg
    That's great
  5. #25  
    I doubt the bonding process is so special... I was on the NYCPeach forum and there are many folks on there who dropped their cel/ipod/sidekick, etc and had crystals conveniently fly/fall off. They all then in turn have to send it BACK to NYCPeach for "repair service" at almost $100 per repair.

    Their site also states verbatim "We enclose a small pack of extra stones with each order in case one or two comes off. Just a drop of super glue and all is well." If the bonding process was so top secret these $400 stones wouldnt just "come off." No thanks!

    Maybe cause I have been dabbling in jewelry repair for the past year and know I can get over a 1000 of the true swarovski crystals in bulk for $40 and some crystal glue for $5 then I am doubting the $400 value they put on this service. I guess what you are paying for is time in essence, and people are asking for some complicated designs. I'm taking a shot at doing one of my ipods at any rate before I try something really valuable... hahaha!



    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    Yeah, but they are just the "sticker" style crystals. NYC Peach uses a special bonding process that guartantees they stay on...Is is worth $300 or $400, not for me...but when you are a little princess I guess it is...

    Sprint PCS user since 1999

    -=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I doubt the bonding process is so special... I was on the NYCPeach forum and there are many folks on there who dropped their cel/ipod/sidekick, etc and had crystals conveniently fly/fall off. They all then in turn have to send it BACK to NYCPeach for "repair service" at almost $100 per repair.

    Their site also states verbatim "We enclose a small pack of extra stones with each order in case one or two comes off. Just a drop of super glue and all is well." If the bonding process was so top secret these $400 stones wouldnt just "come off." No thanks!

    Maybe cause I have been dabbling in jewelry repair for the past year and know I can get over a 1000 of the true swarovski crystals in bulk for $40 and some crystal glue for $5 then I am doubting the $400 value they put on this service. I guess what you are paying for is time in essence, and people are asking for some complicated designs. I'm taking a shot at doing one of my ipods at any rate before I try something really valuable... hahaha!
    Post some pictures when you're done. I'd like to see it. I'm getting a friend the new iPod and may actually send it off if it looks decent (decent as in not a studio photograph).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions