Does such exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    Hi - I would like to get a plugin device for the SD slot that
    has a built-in-antenna that then receives AM radio and
    directs the output to the Treo speaker and the Treo output
    plug on the bottom.

Does such exist?
    I don't think so.
    A. The only ones I know of are FM only. I'm guessing there would be too much noise and interference from your device for AM to be useful.
    B. Even the FM ones aren't compatible with your Treo. Don't get me wrong, they would work, but the antenna on the Treo is too close to the SD slot. The radio is housed at the top of the card:

http://www.ibizpda.com/images/SDFM.jpg

so you wouldn't be able to physically put the card into the slot.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    Hi - I would like to get a plugin device for the SD slot that
    has a built-in-antenna that then receives AM radio and
    directs the output to the Treo speaker and the Treo output
    plug on the bottom.

Does such exist?
    IF you have the Unlimited Data plan with your carrier, you can purchase Pocket Tunes, and then listen to the radio stations via the Internet. I have tried a couple and quality isn't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I don't think so.
    A. The only ones I know of are FM only. I'm guessing there would be too much noise and interference from your device for AM to be useful.
    B. Even the FM ones aren't compatible with your Treo. Don't get me wrong, they would work, but the antenna on the Treo is too close to the SD slot. The radio is housed at the top of the card:

http://www.ibizpda.com/images/SDFM.jpg

so you wouldn't be able to physically put the card into the slot.

Yup, totally agree. Plus I never understood the point of buying a FM SD accessory like this for ~$40 bucks etc, when you can easily just buy a cheapo transistor radio for $5 bucks these days...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I second pocket tunes. What do you want to listen to on AM? Maybe there is a comparable shout cast station. I myself frequent NPR OTR and book readings. Yes yes I'm a geek