Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just took my treo out of the box and it wants me to hit the bullseye with the stylus. I do that and it still won't go any further, it's like it is stuch there!!! Any suggestions???
    Sometimes the touchscreen will "think" it is being touched -- and will not respond to another touch, until the first touch is taken away.

This can happen if a screensaver(plastic), or piece of dirt or piece of paper has wedged itself between the screen and the frame that goes over the sides of the screen.

Is the factory screen cover still on your Treo? Remove it and try again. . . .
  3.    #3  
    At first I throught it was the protective screen to and I immediately got rid of that and the treo is still acting up. This is so frustrating!! I want to play with this toy so bad and I can't.
    Still stuck at the bullseye?

Pull the battery, wait 30 seconds, reinsert the battery. . . What is happening now?
  5.    #5  
    Somehow I got past the bullseye but not it wants me to tape done to enble the the time. I tried to use the stylus nothing but if i tape the middle button I can go on. It is like the screen is not right for some reason.
    (That was one way of doing a hard reset, which should only be done as a last resort since it erases all data that you have input into the Treo. Since you had not gotten that far, this was okay.)
  7.    #7  
    So now i am at the phone screen and still can't use the touch screen on the buttons below.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncstmpr
    Somehow I got past the bullseye but not it wants me to tape done to enble the the time. I tried to use the stylus nothing but if i tape the middle button I can go on. It is like the screen is not right for some reason.
    Without being there, I suspect you are right. The touch screen is being hindered (or is bad) or you may also have a stuck keyboard key.

Try the hard reset. After that, I am out of ideas, other than going back to the store and say "Help me, please, this thing is stuck!"

Cheers, Perry.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Perry!!!
    Thanks Perry!!!
    Thanks, the hard reset worked. . . . . or

Thanks for trying?

Cheers, Perry
  11.    #11  
    nope it didn't work. I think it has serious problems I am so bummed
    Also, do take a small piece of sturdy paper and slide it all the way around the screen, just underneath the frame to see if there is something there left over from manufacturing that is creating a screen "touch". Do not go more than 1/8 of an inch in under the frame.
    I feel your pain.
  14.    #14  
    Just tried that also and no luck. I am on hold right now for tech support but I don't think they are going to be able to help.
    Just tried that also and no luck. I am on hold right now for tech support but I don't think they are going to be able to help.
    Hang in there, bud. You will love your Treo and TreoCentral. Good luck with tech support. Please report back on their findings, solution and your eventual ability to play with your new toy.

Cheers, Perry.
  16.    #16  
    The tech couldn't help either. He said it sounded like a software problem maybe. There are sending a new one out which I am glad but darn I wanted to play on this thing today! It does have the new logo on it!
    Sprint?

When you start using Documents To Go: (this keeps about 4mb of internal memory free)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/18/2005 at 01:49 PM.
  18.    #18  
    Yes it is Sprint.

Well I woke up this morning and decieded to see if the thing would work (it never started working yesterday). I thought why not try another hard reset for the heck of it! Darn if the Treo is not working!!! It makes me wonder though for how long is it going to work!!!
    Yes it is Sprint.

Well I woke up this morning and decieded to see if the thing would work (it never started working yesterday). I thought why not try another hard reset for the heck of it! Darn if the Treo is not working!!! It makes me wonder though for how long is it going to work!!!

Interesting. Make sure it has a full battery charge. I suspect it was a one time hangup, but if you feel better about it -- keep the new one they are sending.

Cheers, Perry.
    This happened to me when I put a screen protector on. I hard reset and everything. I was so mad that it started working once I took it back off. I cleaned the screen and reapplied and it works fine now. Hopefully your new ones works well too.

Can you take a pic of the Treo with the new Sprint logo?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast