1.    #1  
    anyone have any suggestion on car mounts for the treo?
    i'm tired of it falling off my lap between the seats, off the console, etc.

thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by DAGGZ
    anyone have any suggestion on car mounts for the treo?
    i'm tired of it falling off my lap between the seats, off the console, etc.

thanks in advance
    Hi DAGGZ,

There are many options available to you. We provide some solutions and you can find them
    here for the Treo 650. If you have the 600, we have solutions for that as well. Hope this helps some.
  3.    #3  
    thanks, little price, some good accessories though.

looking for advise from someone whos used some cup holder mounts or vent mounts

thanks
    again
  4. MMT
    radio shack has a vent mount for $25 that works fine. It doesn't provide any connectivity (power or handsfree/audio), but it holds the Treo securely. I've modified mine by adding a 2.5MM headphone/handsfree plug to the bottom so I can get audio out and into my car stereo and use it for handsfree communication. This required dremmeling, soldering, superglue, etc. plus the sacrifice of a Palm 2-in-1 stereo headset and I wouldn't recommend doing similar modifications to the radio shack cradle unless you really like tweaking. If you want power, handsfree, GPS connectivity, etc. then it would be much easier (though more expensive) to buy a cradle with all that built in.

Here's the radio shack cradle:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=17-548
  5.    #5  
    thanks that looks perfect.

does the open bottom not allow power to connect, looks as if it might

thanks again
    Proclips makes the best solution. Search for it at TC and you will see my pictures.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  7. MMT
    The radio shack cradle does allow power to connect. The entire multi-connector is exposed, so you can plug in a sync/charge cable or just a power cable. The headphone jack is partially covered up by the left "foot," which is why I had to take a dremmel to mine to attach my own headphone plug.

I would like to try Proclips myself some day. Right now I'm happy with my $25 radio shack special, though I'm sure the Proclips cradle is much better.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Think twice about a windshield mount, just got one and the vibration and bumbs make that thing pretty jittery. Kind of hard if you want to watch movies while you drive.

But seriously, I am thinking about going the Proclip rout. Just looks a lot cleaner and all you have to do is slide your Treo in it, no adjusting involved by something which feels like it will break over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Proclips makes the best solution. Search for it at TC and you will see my pictures.

Yeah, proclipusa.com has some good mounts. But they are a bit pricey...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    My combination was a gooseneck from arkon.com mated to a pro-clip holder. It was pricey ($60 for the combo) but the gooseneck is rock solid and stays where you put it. In a full size van it comes off the console and right up next to the top of the steering wheel on the right side so it's easy to view. Some photos follow.

http://www.proclipusa.com/media/imag...dle/848590.jpg

http://www.arkon.com/imgs_site/thumb_cm88.jpg
    My vote goes to the pro-clip as well. I've used them with multible devices, and moved them from car to car. More expenseive, but worth the price.
    I have bought several ProClip holders for my Treo 300, 600 and now 650 and have been happy with all. Very good products and custom fit for your car (I have bought adapters for my Camry and my Jetta). Since I have a skin on my Treo now I use the adjustable holder for the IPod and it works great.
    Don't have the Proclip for my treo, but I do have one for my Garmin GPS. Great fit to the car and the GPS. I would imagine the same would be true for other proclip products.
    Jetsat: Which proclip device holder fits the 650 with a skin on it? I see you have to pick from one of MANY ipod options (i.e., 20G, 60G, photo ipod, etc.). Which are you using? I really want something to mount my 650 in the car, keep the skin on, and have access to charge it and access the headset jack, and the proclip sounds perfect, provided I can figure out which will fit a 650 with a skin on. Thanks!
    Another question: Is there a mounting kit anyone likes/recommends that will either allow integration with the car's speaker/stereo, or provide a speaker for handsfree use & charging for the treo? I already have navigation built into my car and I'd rather not pay for it twice. Thanks.
    i bought the one off ebay. it works greta. i think i paid 10 bucks for it