1.    #1  
    Just a heads-up for Verizon users that are still running VersaMail v3.0 - an update was released yesterday at the PalmOne site.

You have to supply a serial number and ID number to obtain the update (and I'm an Orange UK user so I presume that I won't be able to access the update, although I haven't tried), so perhaps someone could post the exact version number that is installed by the update (in Options-->About VersaMail).

I've currently got 3.1c (from SW 1.14), so if this update is newer then perhaps we can all benefit from it - please post a download URL via www.yousendit.com or similar if you find that it IS newer.
    Last edited by MarcusT; 10/19/2005 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Updated title to show 3.1a
    Well I downloaded it, and it is Version 3.1a I see no difference in appearence or function, must be a bug fix.
    Last edited by 45wheelgun; 10/18/2005 at 08:40 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Ah, so it's actually *older* than the version which most of us already have. That's a shame. Thanks for posting the version.

But at least Verizon users who haven't dared fiddle with unofficial firmware/software releases now have an official path to VersaMail 3.1 from 3.0!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusT
    Ah, so it's actually *older* than the version which most of us already have. That's a shame. Thanks for posting the version.

But at least Verizon users who haven't dared fiddle with unofficial firmware/software releases now have an official path to VersaMail 3.1 from 3.0!
    So, will your newer version run on a Verizon Treo? Any idea what is better about this version then what I had, because I sure don't see any difference between the two.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 45wheelgun
    So, will your newer version run on a Verizon Treo? Any idea what is better about this version then what I had, because I sure don't see any difference between the two.
    I can't test on a Verizon Treo because I don't have one. I'm simply presuming (perhaps errorneously) that since there's a two revision difference between 3.1a and 3.1c there must be bugfixes/features that are worth having in the 3.1c version. (And I see no reason why Verizon would need a special build)

It does seem to do things a little differently from what I recall - for one, there's now a context menu (with the options "Delete", "Mark Unread", "Forward, "Reply...", "Reply All...", "Get Message...", "Move To")which appears when you tap the envelope icon next to an email and I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before, but please correct me if I'm wrong - I've only used VersaMail on a couple of occasions when I've had no access to a desktop PC and have been desperate to check my mail.

Given that I've just flashed to SW 1.14dbg / FW 1.43, perhaps VersaMail 3.1c was part of the update - what version of VersaMail comes with SW 1.13 / FW 1.31? 3.1b perhaps?