View Poll Results: Which headset(s) are the best for a Treo 650?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony Ericsson HBH-300

9 20.00%
  • Sony Ericsson HBH-610

3 6.67%
  • Sony Ericsson HBH-662

14 31.11%
  • Plantronics Discovery 640

10 22.22%
  • Plantronics Voyager 510

13 28.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Yes SAKozicki, I have tried both. I had the HBH-300 1st and used it for about a week. My experience with it was not a good one. When I was less than 3 ft. from the phone it was great, but anything over that was 'StaticCentral!' It was too bulky and not comfortable at all. It was also a 'pain in the ***' to pair with the 650.

My experience with the 510 has been great. Comfortable, pairs easily, good walk away distance (@15ft. with no static), connects quickly, good sound quality on both ends. My only complaint is that every now ant then it loses the pairing with the 650 and I have to repair them.

Overall, I like it a lot.
    One last question before I take the plunge. Does it transfer calls automatically? When my HBH 300 is paired properly, all I have to do is hit the green phone button, and I hear the call in my headset. On outgoing calls, I just dial and press the middle button on the navigator and the transfer is seamless
    Another nice feature of the 510 over the Scala.

Press the call / ans. button once - 1 beep will sound.
    After 3 seconds, the treo's screen wil light up.
    A second beep will then signal that the keyguard is unlocked.

I can then 'normally' use the Dialpad, Speed dial Keys, or Voice Signal (press and hold side button).

Not sure if this is a standard feature of other headsets, but was not an option on the Scala.

This is very handy while driving. When I do pick up the Treo (sprint 1.12), it is ready to dial. AND, there is no connect delay.
    The range on my HBH-300 is great. about equeal to what the 510 was. about 20ft. line of site. But like I've said in previous posts, sound quality can't be beat. I was on a walk earlier on the sidewalk, with traffic going by about 40mph and the person on the other line could not hear the traffic.

Bulky yes, but fits in my front pocket of any pants I wear. With the eargel, it's nice and loud too. The 510 fit and style, and size was perfect, but the noise cancellation was just OK.

If the 510 could have the noise cancelling of the 300 we would have a perfect headset.

Oh yeah, the connection on the hbh-300 is super fast. The 510 would not ring until after about 1 1/2 rings on the treo. that kind of bugged me.
    I vote for Sony HBH 300
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12