1.    #1  
    Marc,
    I'm in the market for a relatively lightweight (memory) pop3 client. I've tried most of the options out there, and I find I'm liking the look & feel of chatter. Now bear in mind that I don't need push right now, so a lot of this program is probably overkill. (Hint: A pop3-only version w/ a smaller memory footprint would be really sweet. I would think there'd be a market for a lean, mean pop3 client w/ full card support.)
    I have an unsolicited connection issue, and I apologize if your program is not the culprit, as of yet I haven't figured out how to "firewall" the treo, i.e. figure out which app is attempting to establish a tcp/ip connection. Having said that...

Is there something that I'm missing in the configuration of Chatter that will direct the program to connect to the internet and rcv/send email _ONLY_ when I manually select "QuickSync" from within the Chattermail ui itself?
    I'm trying to configure the program in such a way that it will only go online when I tell it to, not as soon as I open the ui, and not after I close the ui. I appreciate it's "persistence" in trying to get the mail through, but I need to be able to control it. Is this doable?

Second, I know the answer is probably no, but is there some "unofficial" way to hack the palm prefs in order to have Chatter be the default email client & visible to other apps once I move it to the card w/ ZLauncher? Thanks for reading.

P.S. For those who haven't seen it, the outgoing attachment browser in Agendus Mail is probably the weakest piece of Palm programming I've seen to date. You almost have to experience it to believe it...
    Just set the mailbox to Offline in the deliver section from edit mailbox menu. do not check qsync. then it only goes online to get mail when you do a qsync all. it'll get mail then go back offline.