1.    #1  
    I use versamail to receive yahoo mail and it tries to download all 2000 items in my inbox that are already read. I have it set to dl unread only. Any way to fix this?
    how are you able to use yahoo on versamail? did you pay for yahoo?
    There's no such thing as "read" and "unread" when it comes to POP3 messages (another reason that POP3 is GODAWFUL for use on more than one computer, and why everyone who can use IMAP, should use IMAP). So each machine will see every message as unread until it's read on THAT particular machine. I'd advise forwarding your Yahoo mail to an IMAP service and then using that for all your mail - you'll be able to take advantage of all that IMAP has to offer.

Marc
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    The "download unread only" option only works with IMAP servers.

Are you emptying your trash folder in between downloads? That would cause a re-download regardless of which POP mail service you're using. You can either let the trash folder pile up until you have a chance to clean up the server-side inbox, or you can set Versamail to delete messages older than x days and only download messages from the last y days, where x > y.
    Last edited by kvcobra; 10/18/2005 at 04:58 PM.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  5.    #5  
    I do empty the trash for memory purposes. Is there a way to store to card with versa?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    I do empty the trash for memory purposes. Is there a way to store to card with versa?
    Not that I know of. The VersaMail user guide only mentions the SD card for storing and selecting attachments. No mention of moving the e-mail DBs there. Sure would be nice...
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Chatter allows messages to be stored directly to SD card.

marc
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Anyone having trouble cocnneccting to yahoo for pop mail recently with versamail? I had been connecting fine with my treo 650 for a month now, but as of this morning, I'm getting a connection error to the pop server (Unable to resolve name pop.mail.yahoo.com. Check your DNS settings or enter the IP address for your mail server).

I can get on the internet with blazer (and even check my yahoo mail there) and use verichat. Also, I can get my pop yahoo mail using my pc on my home connection.

This is with a sprint Treo 650. Is their DNS server screwy only with yahoo mail domains?
    Mine works fine from my Sprint T650. I'm using SBC/Yahoo DSL with an Ameritech.net email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    I use versamail to receive yahoo mail and it tries to download all 2000 items in my inbox that are already read. I have it set to dl unread only. Any way to fix this?
    Since I download my Yahoo Plus Mail at least once per day, I have it set to ONLY download emails for the last day (24 hours). That way you won't have the problem you so rightly complain of.