When I download a PDF file to the Treo (SD card), with my Adobe
    Reader run from out on the SD card, the download says "This
    format is not supported".

Additionally, when I run Adobe Reader, with the PDF file
    stored on the SD and the Adobe Reader stored on the SD,
    it finds nothing.

What gives with this app?

Is my usage wrong?
    pdf files still need to be converted via the desktop. You can't just download a file straight to your Treo.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    pdf files still need to be converted via the desktop. You can't just download a file straight to your Treo.
    Specifically what do you mean by "converted via the desktop"?
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    Specifically what do you mean by "converted via the desktop"?
    You should have an "Adobe Reader for Palm" icon on your Windows desktop (it may not be that exact name, but similar.)

You'll need to run it, and drag the pdfs into the window.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yeah the default adobe acrobat reader is garbage. It doesn't support native pdf's and is has to be converted by the desktop conduit before sycing and viewing on a palm. Instead, do a search for "piscel viewer" on the forums. It's a nice app that was bundled with Sony Clies and etc and supported natiive pdf's. A version extracted from the Samsung i539 was posted in the forums and works quite well on the Treo fyi...

This would seem like the best solution imo until DTG8 with pdf support is released...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Okay I am sold on Picsel Viewer, if I can find it.

Where is the download runnable for the Treo?

I'll go search now but doubt I can find it, given the
    poor multi-area search capability of these kinds of furms.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy

WHOA!! This is big news if it works! Also, it would be huge if the dev can deliver a stable app before Dataviz releases DTG8 with pdf support. And it's FREEWARE TOO!

Will try it out and report back soon...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions