1.    #1  
    i've tried it 20 times. i've searched. has anyone done this successfully???
    I have. Try putting the stylus in your mouth, pinkie on hotsync button. Or have someone assist.
  3.    #3  
    ive tried it 20+ times and give up.
    I have as well. It is hard for one person to do all by themselves, so enlist the assistence of a buddy.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  5.    #5  
    i installed that piece of garbage Versamail and deleted it. it left about 500k of garbage behind. luckily i had a briefcase so i could see what was being "created" and i could go in and delete all that shiit one by one. hard reset would have been easier. thanks.
    G, G, G... ChatterEmail. There is no substitute.
    It took me about 6 or 7 times to do it. You have to make sure that the center button is the only button you're pressing (and you don't the other 4 in the 5-way). There is different combinations that you can try. I can't remember which one worked for me.
    you can do it with one finger, check a thread I started
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    i've tried it 20 times. i've searched. has anyone done this successfully???

There is an alternate method for the Zero out if you have your msl code:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=msl

dial ##786
    menu > reset
    enter msl

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I STILL don't understand why everyone INSISTS on doing a Zero-Out resset. You can do a hard reset just like any other palm. The only difference with a Zero Out is it writes 0's to the whole nvram instead of just wiping everything. It's a security thing.

Just do a hard reset, it's simple to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I STILL don't understand why everyone INSISTS on doing a Zero-Out resset. You can do a hard reset just like any other palm. The only difference with a Zero Out is it writes 0's to the whole nvram instead of just wiping everything. It's a security thing.

Just do a hard reset, it's simple to do.
    Yup, security IS[ the main thing! Some people are just paranoid about their data getting to the wrong hands...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Tried to zero out 20 plus times? I sir would say that you are "challenged" but persistent none the less! Are you sure the Treo isn't too much "woman" for you to handle? :-D
    I've done it once, I don't remember why. Did the wrong combination and was surprised to get to the boot loader. :-)

Tom