1.    #1  
    Looking to get a 2.5 to 3.5mm jack and hook it up via AUX to my car but just curious how good/bad the sound quality is... I'm looking to replace my dead iPod with a massive SD card and just run pocket tunes... is it comparable to say a 4g ipod?
    Works very well....
  3.    #3  
    Side question, can pockettunes run music in the background while TomTom is running?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I don't see why PocketTunes wouldn't run in the background. It runs in the background for every program I've run. Quick drop in about the 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter though, make sure you get an adapter that isn't solid. Meaning, one that has a small wire before the actually plug. The solid units put a lot of stress on the headset jack of the Treo. Here's an example of one I recently picked up: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5818690886
  5.    #5  
    Just bought ^
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I just tried this out today with my "solid" adapter. It sounded great!

If you are using ptunes, you may want to check out a year membership at Yahoo Unlimited. When I joined it was $60 and the deluxe version of ptunes can work with the DRM. It will also work with Rhapsody, but Yahoo is cheaper and has higher quality sound (192kbps compared to 160kbps).

jrider, thanks for the info about the solid adapter. I went ahead and ordered a couple of the other adapters to be on the safe side.
    Quote Originally Posted by flypenfly
    Looking to get a 2.5 to 3.5mm jack and hook it up via AUX to my car but just curious how good/bad the sound quality is... I
    Extremely good.
    It's my ghetto speakerphone.
    Check this out:

1) Get one of these
    2) And one of these
    3) plug them into each other and then into Treo
    4) Tune the TuneCast transmitter plugged into your Treo to xx.xFM station.
    5) Tune FM radio in ANY car to xx.xFM station.
    6) Profit! Just kidding, no, ENJOY!

Really, this is great, and its not "platform specific".
    I'm government service, I sometimes have to get a rental car; etc etc, I'm not always pushing my beloved Blazer.
    So a mount or depending on AUX in wouldn't be smart for me. So I do this.

Works like a charm
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.