1.    #1  
    I did a search but could not find a clear answer. I need a small, simple, stable POP3 Email App for my Verizon Palm Treo 650. I simply need it to check my Comcast.net POP3 email address. I know that the Treo comes with Versamail but I hear that it's unstable, buggy, and large - so I didn't want to install it.

Can someone please recommend an email app for me?

THANK YOU!
    I'm a big Chatter fan but I suggest you try Versamail since it is free and simple. Give it a shot before you buy something you may not need. As far as it being large, it's already in your Treo ROM and any files stored in main memory aren't any bigger than a 3rd party e-mail application.
  3.    #3  
    thanks but i don't think versamail is in the ROM - or at least i can't find it. i think it came on the disk and it must be installed.

any other ideas?
    SnapperMail
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    You do not need to install versamail...unless they have suddenly started using a new image. It came pre-installed on the rest of our Treo's. Look again and let us know.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    You do not need to install versamail...unless they have suddenly started using a new image. It came pre-installed on the rest of our Treo's. Look again and let us know.
    He probably has a Verizon Treo. They don't include Versafail in ROM, rather their own Wireless Sync or whatever it's called. They include Versacrap on the CD.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    yes - i have a verizon treo 650 and it only has intellisnyc mail and vzw wireless sync. versamail came on the CD but i'm afraid to install it. is it large/buggy/unstable?
    There is nothing wrong with versamail. Just go ahead and install it already. It's free!
    Although I haven't used it, Verizon wireless sync is suppose to work okay. It is already in the rom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    He probably has a Verizon Treo. They don't include Versafail in ROM, rather their own Wireless Sync or whatever it's called. They include Versacrap on the CD.
    Ahh, didn't know that...thanks. My mistake.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    I did a search but could not find a clear answer. I need a small, simple, stable POP3 Email App for my Verizon Palm Treo 650. I simply need it to check my Comcast.net POP3 email address. I know that the Treo comes with Versamail but I hear that it's unstable, buggy, and large - so I didn't want to install it.

Can someone please recommend an email app for me?

THANK YOU!

Gekko man, just install Chatter. You won't regret it! In fact, you could even just forward you comcast email via fastmail and have it pushed to your treo!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Gekko,
    I've been struggling with mail issues myself with Verizon's build. I can tell you the wireless sync works really well, and will work with a POP3 account. What I don't know is how difficult it would be to get the downloaded emails into a third party application like Chatter or Snapper (my current problem). The built in email app does not have much functionality to help you really manage/organize emails, but it will get them to you when you're out and about!
    An oldie but a goodie that should work fine on the Treo 650 is Eudora.

http://www.eudora.com/products/unsup...ite/index.html

Downloan the whole suite (it is free) and only install the email app. It is very simple, but it is very stable.

A version of this shipped with the Kyocera 7135 Palm Phone.

Brian
    Brian J. Herskovitz
    herskovitz@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I use versamail for my comcast account. I have found some bugs, mostly with auto get. If you just want to ocasionally check you mail on you palm and use your computer as the primary email tool versamail is your best option since it is the only client I have found that will keep your inbox in synce with changes on the server.
    I carefully evaluated on a Treo 650:

Verizon Mail with Wireless Sync
    Chatter
    Versamail
    Eudora
    Snappermail

Of these, by FAR the best, in my opinion was Snappermail.

Why?

It had a good screen layout, could schedule regular PULL's at intervals
    of my choosing, didn't crash my Treo 650 on a regular or even irregular
    basis, had loads of support for attachment, zipping, and other handy-
    dandy's, and so on.

All of the others were either insufficient or unstable with respect to the
    above.