Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can some 1 pls advise me on the best way to use VersaMail.. and how to set it up
    Uhmmm...dont. ;-) Go with chatter.

What kind of email account do you have? imap or pop?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

What is the reason you dont recommend Versamail?

I could not set it up, btw, using the disc that came with Treo. Is it me or is it kind of cumbersome?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    it can be cumbersome, but other than that...

it just doesn't work well.
    If you want to use ActiveSync, to synch your corporate email, I believe Versamail is your only choice.

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    actually, ActiveSync works pretty well. it must be configured on the server side as well. I could never get VersaMAil to work correctly for POP email.
    Works for me...you guys obviously don't know how to set it up. Please, don't discourage others because you DON'T know what YOU are doing. Versamail is free. If you wish to spend money using Chatter, then suit yourself.
    I haven’t tried other apps for a while. I was testing out Snapper when Versamail got updated so I stuck with Versamail. After several months, I have found that Versamail always seems to create the following problems:

1. Slows down hotsyncing really bad. It gets progressively worse to the point that it takes me like 15 minutes to sync after say a month or so. I'll then hard reset, rebuild everything, and eventually the same thing happens. MMNotify takes forever to sync.

2. Typing has an annoying lag that makes it almost unusable. This is more an intermittent problem, but happens often enough to make me say #%^%#!

I am not trying to bash the program, and I am willing to accept (and hope) that it may be something else or something I am doing wrong. It just seems that I eventually have to wipe everything clean to correct the problem. BTW, I am using a POP account that is only for my Treo. I check my mail and delete it all from the Treo and the server. I only use it to check my mail while I am out of the office. Also, I do not sync versamail – I set the conduit to do nothing.

One other thing is that deleting messages takes a long time too. I tend to get 100 or so messages when I check my mail, so maybe that is part of the problem. In short, everything just seems to take a long time which limits the productivity of the app.
    I'm not experiencing any of those problems with VersaMail. Seems like an ioslated problem to me. I'm happy with it so far. It does just what I need it to do, get/send my email's with no issues.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Here's the link to Palm's manual for using versamail.

http://www.palm.com/us/software/vers...5_Handbook.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by izmir
    What is the reason you dont recommend Versamail?

I could not set it up, btw, using the disc that came with Treo. Is it me or is it kind of cumbersome?

Thanks.
    I didnt know that you were asking me. The reason why I don't recommend it stems from the fact that it didnt come with the 600 (which is what I still use). The built in mail app for the sprint 600 handled only POP mail.

I started using chatter when Marc had it set up with an instant messenger. All the support, free upgrades, and after midnight tech support sold me.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
    Works for me...you guys obviously don't know how to set it up.
    If it works for you and not someone else then that means that the othe person has it set up wrong? I don't think that is a very logical conclusion. That doesn't seem to take into account what kind of email service/provider that you have versus someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
    Please, don't discourage others because you DON'T know what YOU are doing. Versamail is free.
    I don't recall versamail being offered for free for the T600 users like myself? If so, please send me a link.

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If it works for you and not someone else then that means that the othe person has it set up wrong? I don't think that is a very logical conclusion. That doesn't seem to take into account what kind of email service/provider that you have versus someone else.
    Exactly, T2. What an assinine statement that was. I guess I use DirecTV cuz I couldn't figure out how to use rabbit ears...

Most people who use Chatter (and Snapper as well) do so because it's simply a better product.

If Versafail works for you, yay!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14.    #14  
    its a pop ACOUNT
    undefinedAutoPilot
    Autopilot, who's your service provider?
  16.    #16  
    my service provider is cingular...but may be switching back to Verizon shortly.. dosent really matter these guys are just like insurance salemen they are all rippin u off in some way
    undefinedAutoPilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Autopilot
    its a pop ACOUNT
    So what exactly is your problem anyways? You never really did get specific. Have you configured it, but it won't send and/or recieve? Do you not know how to configure the settings?

How about a little help from you, and maybe someone can give you a hand.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    My whole issue with Versamail is that (a) I could never get it to vibrate when new messages arrive and the sound was off, and (b) the pop-up notifications of Chatter are terrific... I don't have to worry that an app will close whenever my Treo decides to fetch my mail.

Nobody is out to shill for Chatter - it's simply a cool product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    Nobody is out to shill for Chatter - it's simply a cool product.
    I know that, you know that, so do a lot of others. Unfortunately, some people wet their britches and throw a tantrum at the mere mention of it.

20.    #20  
    my problem is probally a config issue... ie incoming and out going server addy's.. I have some settings inputted but they dont work..... i usually have to go on line through the browser and chk my mail that way

undefinedAutoPilot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast