Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    i have tried several for MSN and Yahoo , and one set for adelphia.. nono of which work.. so i usually just go direct to MSN or YAHOO or Adelphia and chk my mail that way but its very time consuming....
    undefinedAutoPilot
    go to palmones page in your bookmarks, they have links for yahoo there
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I started having problems with Versamail, so I finally downloaded the trial of Chatter. It seems to be a very complete product, though I prefer the user interface of Versamail (myabe just takes getting used to). However, with Chatter doing an autosync on my yahoo pop account and an autosync on my AIM IMAP account it seemed my battery was going pretty fast. Thus, I turned the auto sync off because I needed to save battery over the weekend. The problem is that all weekend at about a 1/2 hour interval, the phone would reset. I deleted Chatter yesterday evening and I have not had a problem since. I have 10.2 M free memory.

Anyone else ever had this happen?
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by Autopilot
    my problem is probally a config issue... ie incoming and out going server addy's.. I have some settings inputted but they dont work..... i usually have to go on line through the browser and chk my mail that way

What are the specific settings that you are using? This shouldn't be that hard to work through, but we need more details to help you out.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Quote Originally Posted by 300MileTrip
    I haven’t tried other apps for a while. I was testing out Snapper when Versamail got updated so I stuck with Versamail. After several months, I have found that Versamail always seems to create the following problems:

1. Slows down hotsyncing really bad. It gets progressively worse to the point that it takes me like 15 minutes to sync after say a month or so. I'll then hard reset, rebuild everything, and eventually the same thing happens. MMNotify takes forever to sync.

2. Typing has an annoying lag that makes it almost unusable. This is more an intermittent problem, but happens often enough to make me say #%^%#!

I am not trying to bash the program, and I am willing to accept (and hope) that it may be something else or something I am doing wrong. It just seems that I eventually have to wipe everything clean to correct the problem. BTW, I am using a POP account that is only for my Treo. I check my mail and delete it all from the Treo and the server. I only use it to check my mail while I am out of the office. Also, I do not sync versamail – I set the conduit to do nothing.

One other thing is that deleting messages takes a long time too. I tend to get 100 or so messages when I check my mail, so maybe that is part of the problem. In short, everything just seems to take a long time which limits the productivity of the app.
    I have all of these issues with Versamail and it drives me nuts. My experience is that Versamail slowly collects email detritus that it NEVER lets go of. Over the course of a month I will fill 10MB of internal memory with Versamail-related files, then when I run out of memory I will delete ALL my email in two accounts and STILL be left with the 10MB of mysterious overhead. Add to that the fact that Versamail somehow requires redownloading every email in inboxes every time it syncs, no wonder it takes forever. I don't understand - if I have only three small emails that are "new" to my device and I hotsync, why does it take Versamail ten minutes and not ten miliseconds to synchronize the files? What the HELL is it doing? Its clogging up my da*n internal memory with ridiculous clutter, thats what...
  6.    #26  
    VERSAMAIL........
    INCOMING MAIL SERVER: mail.emailmsn.com
    OUTGOING : smtp.email.msn.com
    undefinedAutoPilot
    I've never had any problems with versamail, I have my ISP email, my Gmail & corporate via Activesync with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redy2Rumble
    I've never had any problems with versamail, I have my ISP email, my Gmail & corporate via Activesync with no problems.
    How long have you used VersaMail and how many emails do you typically synch to your Treo? I suspect that people - like myself - who sych upwards of a hundred emails in multiple accounts have more pronounced issues than someone who only keeps a couple of dozen, or who only synchs once every few days...
    I don't know that it takes multiple accounts and high usage to encounter issues. I have one account that I use lightly for personal e-mail, and I've had the DB files get corrupted three times in five months. The only reason I put up with it is that I am not a heavy enough user of e-mail to justify purchasing something else.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Over the past five years 90% of my PDA "issues" have come with either the contacts conduit (incredible multiplying contacts) or whatever email client I have used. After four months of Versamail headaches I have spent the past week sans resident email client, instead relying on browser-based access to both Yahoo and my company OWA server. Its a pain sometimes, especially when I am out of Verizon 1x range, but amazing how much faster and more trouble-free my Treo 650 experience is without running a dedicated email app. Sad too. Email is not rocket science, but apparently it is.
    So I have a client who is using a Treo 650 to access his office email.

He still wants that email to appear on his work computer but he wants it to also appear on his Treo. When he deletes from his Treo he does not want it deleted from the server.

He is using the Versamail that came with the Treo.

All is working fine except that the Treo keeps redownloading all of his old mail messages from the server. I thought it would be a one time thing and that Versamail would remember that he had already accessed those emails (once they all downloaed to the Treo the first time) and not try to download them again. But it does. And it does it randomly. Always a different number of emails. Sometimes it only grabs new emails. Sometimes it goes for the full 2000+ messages stored on the server. Sometimes it tries to nab 437 emails. Always a different number.

I am tempted to blame it on Versamail and try something like Chattermail but I figured I would give this forumn a shot first.

My current settings are to leave messages on server after Versamail accesses them (cause he wants them to hit his office mac also) and there is no check mark in the box that says Delete Messages from the server when deleted from Versamail.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks gang!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12