Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    The 2gb card from adata is now $118 at newegg, shipping included and no rebate.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    So, how did it go? Did it work out of the box or did you have to format?

I had to format it. I used my computer to format it to FAT16, been working fine ever since. God Bless.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    The 2gb card from adata is now $118 at newegg, shipping included and no rebate.
    Thanks for the tip. Do you (or anyone else) have this card? If so, did it work out of the box or did it also need to be formatted?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip. Do you (or anyone else) have this card? If so, did it work out of the box or did it also need to be formatted?
    I had to format it in FAT16 before using it. For that price, it's worth the extra step.
    Does windows walk you through the formatting process, or is some extra knowledge needed to do it correctly?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Does windows walk you through the formatting process, or is some extra knowledge needed to do it correctly?
    If you don't have a card reader for your PC, you will need to get one. Once you have one installed, insert your new card into the reader. Next, open windows explorer and right-click on the drive letter that corresponds to your card reader. Then click on 'Format...', select FAT as the file system, and click 'Start'.

That should do it.
    Naivete, thank you for your assistance.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    You're welcome.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12