Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How can there be NO player that can stream video on the treo? This would be AMAZING...
    trust me we're all waiting for an application that can do this. We know it's possible because mobitv streams live video to treo. But the issue with that is it's their own content which is limited and cost $10 per month. I suggested they offer the ability to allow us to stream our own videos from our pcs, tivo, etc. They said it's on the plate and may be an option in the future.
    This would be great. Has anyone put this in the 'apps we would like to have' thread yet?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I wonder?
    Firepad has been streaming video for years...
    I think the folks at TCPMP are working on streaming windows media player streams, but I'm not 100% sure. Have to go back and check my emails.

It's a licensing issue more than a technical one.
    Quote Originally Posted by manoosie
    How can there be NO player that can stream video on the treo? This would be AMAZING...

Yup as stated above, apps including Firepad, Kinoma and mmplayer support streaming video already. The problem is that firepad and kinoma only support their proprietary formats, while I recall mmplayer did have a beta that supported streamign mpeg, but I haven't used it in a looong time. Hopefully TCPMP will add streaming support...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #8  
    come on programmers, we need this!
    Yeah, at LEAST give us shoutcast/Winamp-type.nsv streaming 'tv' video format.
    Still a licensing issue, but might be possible?

Come on TCPMP!!!

Greg
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I would like to be able to click on links within news sites and view streaming news videos. if this is what the above poster is talking about, I apologize for being redundant.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  11.    #11  
    can mmplayer stream from orb?
    orb? Not sure what that is, but try pTunes.

Greg
    Has anyone been able to stream audio from your desktop PC to your 650 using Orb? The Orb website says this isn't possible (yet), but I don't understand why you can do it with Gloonet and not Orb. I like the Orb interface better than Gloonet. Plus Gloonet has an annoying pause between songs. I'm hoping Orb doesn't have this problem.
    If I remember correctly when I tried Gloonet/ptunes just after it started, the big problem was that when I was streaming music the phone was unavailable. Calls whent straight to VM.
    Adam West
    Quote Originally Posted by adamwest
    If I remember correctly when I tried Gloonet/ptunes just after it started, the big problem was that when I was streaming music the phone was unavailable. Calls whent straight to VM.

With a GSM version of the T650 you still get calls. Sprint and Verizon versions will pass calls to VM when receiving data where GSM phones open separate channels for data.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Gloonet streams music in mp3 format, which pockettunes can handle. Orb streams in either 3GP format or windows media. Palm OS doesn't have a player capable of either. Palm can even stream Real format. Palm OS sucks for multimedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    Gloonet streams music in mp3 format, which pockettunes can handle. Orb streams in either 3GP format or windows media. Palm OS doesn't have a player capable of either. Palm can even stream Real format. Palm OS sucks for multimedia.

Umm...the builtin media player support 3GP as well and Kinoma EX3 player...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Umm...the builtin media player support 3GP as well and Kinoma EX3 player...
    Not for streaming, which I think was the subject of the original question.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13
    Palm OS sucks for multimedia.
    Once pTunes adds streaming WMA and TCPMP adds streaming (fill-in-the-blank-video-format), I'll gladly challenge that comment.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Orb was absolutely awesome with the 6700 - they need to make Palm compatible with this service.
    1 | 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast