1. lmw
    I am a brand new treo 650 owner, and don't have a clue where to begin.
    My mobile service is through Verizon. I'd like to set it up so that my personal email goes directly to my treo....can someone help me with all the steps necessary? Which items do I need: Snapper, Chatter, Versamail....
    Right now I have a free mail.com account that does not allow me to forward to the treo without paying an annual fee. I'd like to use a free email account if possible, but if not, I can pay the annual fee for mail.com (assuming that it works).
    What other software do I need after I decide on an email account?
    I hope that someone can walk me through step by step....
    thanks
    Don't pay for anything. Get a gmail account and use Versamail. It's that simple. If you need one I'll send you an invite, just send me a private message with your current email address. Gmail has POP mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmw
    I'd like to set it up so that my personal email goes directly to my treo....can someone help me with all the steps necessary? Which items do I need: Snapper, Chatter, Versamail....
    Welcome to TC.

Do you really want it sent to your Treo (pushed) or do you just want the ability to get it and reply to it on your Treo (pulled)? If you want it pushed, you will need an IMAP email account (checkout fastmail) and Chatter. If you want to go get it, you can use a solution like 9thfloormaniac is describing, and can even configure periodic checking, so that you will not have to manually retrieve your email, it will just happen every X minutes/hours.

There is a TON of info on how to do this. I highly recommend that you use the search capabilities of this forum to maximize the benefit you receive. Believe me, the odds are HIGH that all of your questions have been asked and answered here many, many times.

Good Luck.

-Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein