Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinson
    Yeah, I saw that his site charges for streaming his show. I just figured that with so many local affiliates that one of them may have had streaming access.
    Tony K is OK, so I would listen to him as well if he was availabe, but I'm a bigger listener of Jim Rome.
    Don't let the fact that they charge hinder your search. I've found other 'famous' talk show personalities who are streamed for free from an affiliate, and they charge for 'insider access' on their websites.
    Here is a list of playlists playable on Ptunes. The playlists link to other online playlists, which have descriptive names. Give em a try and see what you think.

You should be able to preview the list with winamp or itunes. The lists show up as mutiple streams on winamp but show up great on ptunes.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I don't think I'm going to have any luck with Tony Kornheiser show. I love his show... he's my favorite sports personality. I'm thinking now what I might do is use one of those radio stream capture applications and listen to it a day late. Can anyone recommend one of those apps that will make a small mp3 file. It's just talk radio so I dont' need it to be 192Kbps or anything even close to that. I would just need something that I can move to my SD card every day and listen to using pTunes. So if anyone can suggest a free, easy to use audio stream ripper that can make a low quality mp3 file.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Looking for Glenn Beck live streams, if anyone has found one. tia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Looking for Glenn Beck live streams, if anyone has found one. tia.
    Shoot - I just found him on one of my stations I have saved. It's may be 970 KSYL but I'll have to check tomorrow and get back with you.

Steve
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FESCSteve
    Shoot - I just found him on one of my stations I have saved. It's may be 970 KSYL but I'll have to check tomorrow and get back with you.

Steve
    Looks like KSYL is windows stream only, and no Glenn Beck. Was it some other station?
    Sorry for not getting back to you (I forogt my username and logged in as 'FESCSteve'). I got real busy at work and didn't have time.

I'll try and remember to listen Monday and see which stream it is.

KSYL does have a shoutcast stream. Do a search on shoutcast.com for KSYL.

Steve
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Hrm, wonder why they don't mention the mp3 stream (that I can find) on thier website.... which makes me wonder how many mp3 streaming stations I've missed by only surfing their web pages. But I still don't see any mention of Glenn Beck. Maybe a different station?
    Try 1310 KFKA Greely Colorado. Should be on 3p-5p weekdays.

I've found a few stations that don't openly advertise they have shoutcast streams.

Hope you get this in time for the show today (if Glenn Beck's website is accurate).

Steve
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Cool, thanks for the help
    Looks like they have a 50 listener limit on their shoutcast stream.
    I just made a new thread without realizing this was here. I cant get any stations ending with the ".pls" files to play but i was able to get ".m3u" files. I jsut read through thread and tried some of the links and nothing...can anyone help me figure out what Im doing wrong...
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drav3n
    I just made a new thread without realizing this was here. I cant get any stations ending with the ".pls" files to play but i was able to get ".m3u" files. I jsut read through thread and tried some of the links and nothing...can anyone help me figure out what Im doing wrong...
    Do you have pocket tunes delux?
    i have 3.1.3 deluxe
    Are you using DocsToGo 8?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    ver 7.001 (815)
    ok i got them to finally work...but it keeps buffering every few seconds..any reason y?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Thought I send an update to my current list of streaming talk radio stations. Many of these stations aren't listed on shoutcast's site.

I am uploading two files. First is just a plain txt list of the stations and their stream urls.

For the adventurous, I've hacked the same list into m3u format so you can access all of them as a playlist file. If interested, rightclick on "micaels_talkradio_playlist.txt" and save it. Then change the extension of the file from "txt" to "m3u". Then just port it over like you would any playlist file and open it in ptunes.

NOTE: When it loads, you'll immediately get an "Unable to play audio file" error. Ignore it... hit ok. Ptunes is just trying to load the first line - which is the string "ESPN 950 Indianapolis, IN", thinking that it's a url. Just click past the error message and use the stylus to scroll through the list of stations, select the url thats listed below the desired station ID, and click play.

Yeah, its a hack, but hey, at least its editable... you can make your own categorized streaming playlists following this format. Just load my m3u file in a text editor and edit away. Let me know of you find a way to improve it, or better yet, build and share your own streaming radio playlists.

Cheers,

Mic
    Attached Files Attached Files
    here are some Treo 650 PocketTunes friendly playlists

http://mob-me.com
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I love my Shoutcast streams! My faves by far are Khaha.com and Cringe Humor Radio.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast