Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    Yes, you can set up your own Shoutcast server: http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml.

Then get a free static URL (from www.dyndns.org or similar), set your firewall to allow traffic from the PC port you have designated for your Shoutcast server, then just enter your static URL:Shoutcastport and you'll be listening to a stream of that radio station.
    That covers from the PC to the stream, but I too am interested in how to get radio to the PC, in the first place. Any ideas on that?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Thought I'd share my current streaming bookmarks. Many are not listed via the shoutcast site. I'm a big talkradio hound, and listen to talk at my office, and then chill out with rock, ambient, and jazz at night.

Astreaux World
    CMRadio.Net - Celtic
    Crystal One
    ESPN 950 Indianapolis
    grooveradio.com
    io2go - radioioAmbient
    KFKA 1310 Greeley Colorado
    KGO 810 AM San Francisco
    KOMY AM 1340 - Air America
    KOTA AM Rapid City
    KPFT 90.1 FM Houston
    KSFO 560 AM San Francisco
    KSL 1160 Utah
    LiveIreland, Irish Internet Radio
    LOUNGE-RADIO.COM
    Magnatune.com Ambient
    MysticRadio
    Paxahau
    Radio Margaritaville
    SKY.FM
    Somafm - Drone Zone
    Somafm - Groove Salad
    Somafm - Secret Agent
    Station6070s
    Virgin Radio - Classic Rock
    Virgin Radio - DAB
    Virgin Radio - Extreme New Music
    Virgin Radio - Pop
    WKNW 1400
    WLS Chicago
    WMAL 630 Washington DC
    WNAR AM Old Time Radio
    WNYC FM NYC Public Radio
    WROW 590 Albany, NY
    WRVO FM Oswego, NY
    WTPL 107.7 The Pulse
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ It would be nice if you post the links for each stream
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    ^ It would be nice if you post the links for each stream
    I thought showing you the stations I've found that stream mp3 -was- being nice... saves you alot of work

All you have to do is google the name and find the link yourself.

I'd love to post the links, but ptunes gives you no control over a bookmarks (other than renaming). Being able to view and edit the links, as well as to sort, would be GREAT (nudges NormSoft).
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ Google it is then
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    ^ Google it is then
    Hang on.. now you have me feeling guilty! I've located the bookmarks pbd file, loading it up into notepad, and trying to sort out the urls from the gobble-dee-goop (high tech talk loosely translated to -what the hell am I doing?!).

Update: Attaching txt file. Not sure all of these work post editing, but most of them should.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Micael; 12/16/2005 at 01:21 PM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Hang on.. now you have me feeling guilty! I've located the bookmarks pbd file, loading it up into notepad, and trying to sort out the urls from the gobble-dee-goop (high tech talk loosely translated to -what the hell am I doing?!).

Update: Attaching txt file. Not sure all of these work post editing, but most of them should.
    Awesome, thx
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Any links to international news like "BBC World Service"?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    That covers from the PC to the stream, but I too am interested in how to get radio to the PC, in the first place. Any ideas on that?
    I've been out of circulation for a while. Did you ever get your radio connected to your PC's line in and then stream to your Treo?
    Anyone figure out how to stream from like NHL.com?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Not directly until the nhl offers a different stream format, or until ptunes adds windows media stream compatability. You may be able to capture the stream to your desktop, convert it, and rebroadcast it in shoutcast.
    VikingJunior -

Depending on the team you're interested in, you may find the stream in an acceptable format on an affiliated radio station, if it's not on the team's flagship station. Most teams have several radio affiliates in smaller markets.

For instance, when I'm home I tune in 98.5 FM San Jose for Sharks games. They only stream in Windows Media format so I can't use PTunes. However, all games are also broadcast on 1340 AM KOMY (in Watsonville, I think), and they stream in mp3 format. It's exactly the same broadcast. I'll be in the airport in Dallas during tonight's game, and I plan to tune in from there :-)
    Last edited by mcdan333; 01/12/2006 at 12:52 PM.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Grooveradio, my fav, seems to have been out of commission for the last month (i.e. perpetual reconnection status). Have any other groovers noticed this?
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan333
    VikingJunior -

Depending on the team you're interested in, you may find the stream in an acceptable format on an affiliated radio station, if it's not on the team's flagship station. Most teams have several radio affiliates in smaller markets.

For instance, when I'm home I tune in 98.5 FM San Jose for Sharks games. They only stream in Windows Media format so I can't use PTunes. However, all games are also broadcast on 1340 AM KOMY (in Watsonville, I think), and they stream in mp3 format. It's exactly the same broadcast. I'll be in the airport in Dallas during tonight's game, and I plan to tune in from there :-)

Thanks yeah I tried the local stations in NYC but neither of them broadcast LIVE streaming and NHL as we know is in WMA format which P tunes doesn't stream

I was even thinking of satellite but it's to divided XM has NHL MLB and Nascar and Sirius has NFL, now only if XM had the NFL.

Am going to poke around a little but we could use a WMA streaming player *Cough Cough* Developers.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Am going to poke around a little but we could use a WMA streaming player *Cough Cough* Developers.
    Its a licensing issue, not a lack of developer interest. Gooood old microshaft and their closed 'standards'.
    Its a licensing issue, not a lack of developer interest. Gooood old microshaft and their closed 'standards'.
    I would guess that the developers of TCPMP probably have a working plug-in... they just can't release it. They should just let us use it for a day .

Not being able to stream WMA will cause people to leave the PalmOS platform. Hopefully Palm worked out a deal with MS and will be releasing an updated mobile player with the next ROM update.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    How about Jim Rome? I used to enjoy his show every now and then here in Oklahoma City before the sports talk station dropped it.
    Oh got another request... I'm a big Mets fan (living in Oklahoma City) so I can't get any talk radio during baseball season to here mets news... any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by amazinmetboy
    Oh got another request... I'm a big Mets fan (living in Oklahoma City) so I can't get any talk radio during baseball season to here mets news... any ideas?

Met fan, sorry to hear that, it must be tough J/K. I know the WFAN has the Yankees but NO live streaming broadcasts of ANY games. I will check into the Mets for you.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast