1.    #1  
    I want to leave Cingular and go to Verizon. Is there anything I can do to make the GSM to CDMA conversion possible with my GSM Treo? ROM flash, or hardware hack? I'm good with the soldering iron

I searched everywhere and found this, but I need to know if it's valid information...

thanks

http://mytreo.net/treofaq/Treo650ROMIntro
    WHat that means is you have to pick the correct rom for your phone. You cannot upgrade a gsm phone with a cdma rom and vice versi. I don't believe there is any way to do what you want without changing the whole innards.
    The radios used for GSM and CDMA are completely different and not compatible. You will have to buy a new phone to make the switch.
    Zane
    Well... if you're a 'leet hardware hacker and can find a damaged CDMA treo (broken screen or somesuch), you might find that youc an extract the radio (there's some likelyhood that it's a module) and marry it to your previously GSM hardware.

There's a lot of if's and but's in this proceedure, tho
    Sure you can, sell the old one and buy a CDMA one
    Treoing & Loving it
  6.    #6  
    Sounds good guys...thanks for the input! I will just sell the Treo to cover the new startup fee's with Verizon and the early termination with Cingular....and just get a crappy free phone to tide me over until I can afford to pick up a CDMA Treo....