1.    #1  
    Help please. Treo 650. Trying to get aol mail. Versamail works some times, but mostly get quick flash of "searching for new mail" then right into closing and this message "time out reading body". I have tried establishing new accounts, checked the incoming and outgoing settings, checked the port numbers as provided by AOL and still get this message 8 out of 10 tries to get my mail. I am on the road and can not sync for 1 week so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated regarding this problem. thanks,
    Can anybody help. I have buddy with same problem.
    FastFrank
    Can you access AOL mail over Blazer? That may be preferable to using reVersamail for a variety of reasons...
    My friend discovered that 2 other family members had not been deleting AOL emails using home computer (300 of them). He could not see these from his 650. Deleted the old files from home computer and it is working again. Thanks for the input.
    FastFrank
    Same problem. Empty the trash in Versamail (Message>Empty Trash, do each account). Seems to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    My friend discovered that 2 other family members had not been deleting AOL emails using home computer (300 of them). He could not see these from his 650. Deleted the old files from home computer and it is working again. Thanks for the input.
    What do you mean by this? I tried deleting old emails on home computer but I still get the error message the original poster mentioned. Anybody can help? Thanks!!
    OK,

I think I may have figured out the "Time Out Reading Body" error on the Treo.

I too was receiving this error. All my settings were correct. I hadn't logged into AOL on my Treo in about a week and when I did, the "Time Out Reading Body" error popped up. The only AOL folder that I synchronize on my Treo is my "Inbasket".

I deleted all my "In-basket" AOL e-mail on my Treo.
    I then went to my laptop, logged into AOL and deleted all my "In-basket" e-mail there as well.
    Then I went back to my Treo into VersaMail and synchronized my AOL using "Get".

Everything worked fine. No more error.

I think my Treo's AOL inbox was so far out of synch with my real AOL inbox that it chokes. I had something like 115 "new" emails in my AOL inbox that I deleted. So I'm not sure if it's that the Treo AOL was so far out of sync it didn't know what to do, or if the large volume of "real" aol email in my inbox caused my treo to choke. Either way, the problem went away.
    I'm having this problem myself now, and the above solution didn't work for me. Anyone else know what might cause this? It's a problem I've had intermittently for as long as I've had my 650, but recently, I can barely ever even get my e.mail down it's so bad....

Thanks!
    I have Versamail set to only get unread messages in AOL. It seems to develop this issue whenever there are more than about 9 unread messages. If I then go to the Web interface and delete some of them, I can get the rest with Versamail.

I also sometimes have the problem others have referenced about Versamail not deleting messages from the AOL server, even after I empty the AOL trash and tell it to delete on both the handheld and the server. When I reinstall Versamail, the problem goes away. However, at some point, if the Treo crashes while using Versamail, the AOL issue comes back. In other instances, a crash deletes all of my e-mail accounts, which then come back with the next Hotsync.

Versamail and AOL will talk to each other--but not always well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    I have Versamail set to only get unread messages in AOL. It seems to develop this issue whenever there are more than about 9 unread messages. If I then go to the Web interface and delete some of them, I can get the rest with Versamail.

I also sometimes have the problem others have referenced about Versamail not deleting messages from the AOL server, even after I empty the AOL trash and tell it to delete on both the handheld and the server. When I reinstall Versamail, the problem goes away. However, at some point, if the Treo crashes while using Versamail, the AOL issue comes back. In other instances, a crash deletes all of my e-mail accounts, which then come back with the next Hotsync.

Versamail and AOL will talk to each other--but not always well.
    Everybody has the partial answer. The simple explanation is that the inbox of the Treo and your PC mail inbox are out of sync and there are a lot of old, undeleted emails still registering unseen on the Treo. Account memory on the Treo is overwhelmed. Here's the simple solution involving only the Treo.

On the Treo:
    Go to VersaMail/(click on your acct. name in menu)/Accounts/Account Setup. Delete all accounts except VersaMail.
    Select New, follow instructions for new Acct.
    Go to new acct., select prefs in menu/delivery options/get. Select subject only (smaller files, will not clog memory as fast, option to dwnld full text later). Select unread messages/mail from last week. Deselect dwnld attach. (smaller files, will not clog memory as fast, option to dwnld full attach later).
    Set max size at 5kb. Click OK
    Under your acct. name select Options/Sync Server Folders. Follow instructions. Empty trash as a final precaution
    You are now synced and should be able to "get" the next 9 new emails.

Hope this helps.
    Rob