Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If I call someone and hit hang up before they answer, the SharkMsg dialog will appear. This shouldn't occur. Also, if I get a call but don't answer or ignore the call the SharkMsg dialog will appear until the caller goes into VM or terminates the call. It then disappears.

Note: SprintPCS offers a service called "Text to Landline". I ignored a call (for the heck of it) from my home number when calling my Treo 650 on Sprint.

I got a message from Sprint on my Treo 650, "Your message was addressed to a landline # 555-555-5555. 4 a limited time send msgs to a landline # using Sprint Text to Landline service! Std rates apply.

On the home phone, I received a call from an automated service indicating that I received a text message from #555-555-5555 and then it read the message to me.

On the Treo, I got another message that read, "Your message was successfully delivered to a person at 555-555-5555. Thanks for using Text to Landline".

Pretty cool, but what will it cost me? I am in the Detroit MI market.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    It'll be great to have an option to only send an sms to mobile numbers, that is phone numbers stored on phone book with (M). Thx!
    Sharkmsg updated 1.1

http://www.ludustech.com/sharkmsg/
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Nice app. Good job Sharky.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    great app, i look fwd to future mods.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Very slick little app!
    I love this app! Keep up the good work!
    Treo 650 Wireless Headset
    Great app, but where is 1.1 ??? you only have available 1.0...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Great app, but where is 1.1 ??? you only have available 1.0...
    I believe that is 1.1, it just states 1.0.<---Version number was not updated, but app has been.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I have tested this app and if I may, I would like to offer a couple of suggestions. I have my phone preference set to turn touchscreen off during a call. I can however, use the 5-way button. The 5-way button works on Shkmsg on everything but actually being able to scroll through the list of optional messages that I want to choose from. Without this feature, the app is useless to me with the touchscreen off selected. I have the touchscreen off because I keep the treo in a leather belt case and do not want the phone to answer phone calls accidentally. Thanks for considering my suggestion.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
    I have tested this app and if I may, I would like to offer a couple of suggestions. I have my phone preference set to turn touchscreen off during a call. I can however, use the 5-way button. The 5-way button works on Shkmsg on everything but actually being able to scroll through the list of optional messages that I want to choose from. Without this feature, the app is useless to me with the touchscreen off selected. I have the touchscreen off because I keep the treo in a leather belt case and do not want the phone to answer phone calls accidentally. Thanks for considering my suggestion.
    I have mine set to off during a call also with no problems. If you are using sharkmsg you haven't answered the call so the screen is still active. You must have also checked the disable on incoming calls received box. If you uncheck that second box I mentioned (top box on touchscreen preferences page) sharkmsg it will work fine and if you do answer a call your ear won't activate the touch screen.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    I have mine set to off during a call also with no problems. If you are using sharkmsg you haven't answered the call so the screen is still active. You must have also checked the disable on incoming calls received box. If you uncheck that second box I mentioned (top box on touchscreen preferences page) sharkmsg it will work fine and if you do answer a call your ear won't activate the touch screen.
    You obviously did not understand my post. I have it set to disable so that it will not answer calls when i'm taking the phone out of my holster. I also meant to add that this occurs when I'm already on another phone call and i have someone calling on the other line, so the screen is already disabled. I don't think that my suggestion will be difficult to enhance at all. I was actually writing my post to the developer.
    Last edited by 9thfloormaniac; 10/24/2005 at 12:54 PM.
  13.    #33  
    hello! sounds good. i will get to work on that, as well as a couple of other bug fixes/features for v1.2

cheers, tyler
    Thanks for considering my suggestion!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    If I call someone and hit hang up before they answer, the SharkMsg dialog will appear.
    I am also having this problem. I also encountered, for the first time today, that when I hang up from a call after I have been speaking with someone, the dialogue box appears. Is this problem isolated only to me? Is there something that I can modify to rectify this situation?

Otherwise, this app rocks!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  16.    #36  
    hey everyone! alright, well, i'm working on the new v1.3 and in order to organize your feedback (which is SO great btw) i have created a small forum (http://www.ludustech.com/forums/) for suggestions and so if you'd like to make a suggestion or tell me about a bug i'd really appreciate it if you'd do so there.

in case you're not yet interested, i really want you to check out the forum so i'll try to get your imagination going with a few keywords:

-Fixed 5way
    -AutoSend suggestions
    -Bottom align for easier button pressing
    -Bug fixes
    -other features...?
    I personally think that the AutoSend feature is a great implementation. It'd be great if I can set an "Out at Gym" status and have the corresponding msg sent to missed callers so that they'd know not to bombard my phone with a dozen plus missed calls (very annoying).
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I would LOVE (and pay) to see the sharkmsg auto sms feature as a plugin for Milan's Profiles!
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    I would LOVE (and pay) to see the sharkmsg auto sms feature as a plugin for Milan's Profiles!
    --- same for Jeff Gibson's ProfileCare! (although it has been thorougly lacking updates for the past month)
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
  20.    #40  
    v1.3 released: http://ludustech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12

regards, tyler!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast