1.    #1  
    I am on my second T650 (VZW) refurb and am starting to get multiple resets again for doing nothing aside from hitting the power button. Yes, I mean that, I literally hit the button, it goes into a reset and although not a hard one, all my apps revert back to trials and I am so F*#&@*G sick of this piece of CRAP I am waiting for the WM M$ Treo.

Anyway, I have cleaned it out as much as I am willing to and ran one of those #*# codes and found the following was the reason for my last error:

MemoryMgr.c,Line:3877,Invalid chunk ptr

Please fellow Treo nuts, can someone please tell me what exactly does that mean??? Is it a chunky peanut butter thing, becuase my three year old was eating some for dinner and may have gotten to close to my favorite and most unreliable piece of electronics.

Anyway, seriously, how can I get this disease out of my phone for good. I am going nuts and am losing data each and every day with all the resets, loops, etc.

I would be greatful for any help. Thanks....
    I was getting a bunch of resets with a very similar message (mine was Line: 2659, Chunk overlocked) and the only way I was able to resolve it was by getting it replaced with a refurb'ed unit. It seems these MemoryMgr.c crashes are occurring due to bad RAM...I know you've already exchanged it but I would get it exchanged again and make sure it has the latest firmware and software versions on it. In addition, make sure it's the latest hardware version (I'm not sure if the VZW models have two different hardware versions but the unlocked GSMs do).

The thread I've been posting in about this type of issue is: "650 Crashing - MMNotify"

Good luck in getting it fixed...once you do, you'll love your Treo, again.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    I know you've already exchanged it but I would get it exchanged again and make sure it has the latest firmware and software versions on it. In addition, make sure it's the latest hardware version .
    Thanks for the help Koolio. I will look into the other thread and call VZW again. I do have the latest VZW ROM, 1.04, although don't know about the hardware. Mine says A.

Considering I have been using the Palm OS since around 1995/6, the switch for me and my wife would be enormous. Point is, the unti should not be this buggy and it affects me personally and professionally. Very upsetting, but my level of angst is through the roof. A switch to WM5 on the new Treo would entail expense, hw & sw, and pain in the data transition- but I am at the point of giving up.

Any VZW users who can chime in on the HW version or other ideas would be much appreciated.

Will keep you posted and thanks again.
    I just posted about this in another thread. I strongly recommend a hot sync backup, a hard reset, and then just surf the internet with your Treo. If you get more of them, even less frequent, then you should exchange your unit. Koolio and I had to.

Here is the thread where people had the same problem you had:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...hlight=MMNotify

Good luck!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the link. I read all the posts and obviously many of us are suffering from similiar problems- although on different networks. I will request a THIRD refurb from VZW and see what happens. Reality is, I am not optimistic. I just got a refurb 2 weeks ago and the problems started fairly quickly. Even if it is a RAM issue, I wonder if my (or anyone's) specific combination of applications and data just end up leading to the issue. In other words, maybe after a period of time going in and out of apps, etc the RAM corrupts itself and even after a series of hard resets, it is bound to happen again. Just a thought...

I AM going to start my preliminary research into WM5 and see what happens with the Palm OS, piece of crap Treo. Stability should not be such an unreasonable request. I can live with a handful of resets monthly and even 1-2 weekly, but this is just too much. I am fairly tech savvy and have even built a PC in the past and written some Palm apps and databases, but I just can't accept this anymore. Wife, kids, job... there is not enough time to fix my Treo everyday. Only saving grace is my wife's 650 hasn't been having these problems. If she did, forget it, divorce city, as IT would somehwo be MY fault. ;-)
    I would suggest the zero out reset rather than the hard reset as it completely resets the treo & get rid of any stray code that is not always removed by a hard reset. It has sorted out lots of reset problems for me that a hard reset didn't.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    I had the same issues as koolio and MacUser, as you've probably seen from those threads. My refurb has worked fine so far. Stay after them if they give you a hard time about getting another 650. I am running the exact config as I did on my first 650 (just did a BackupMan restore to the refurb unit) and haven't had a problem so I don't see how the problem can be a software issue.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I would suggest the zero out reset rather than the hard reset as it completely resets the treo & get rid of any stray code that is not always removed by a hard reset. It has sorted out lots of reset problems for me that a hard reset didn't.
    Although I have tried a zero out reset, I have been unable to accomplish one. Any tips would be helpful. How did you get yours done??? I followed the instructions, but it does not take.