1.    #1  
    I just purchased my Zlauncher for my 650 yesterday. Today I downloaded a program to my SD card. The download was successful, but I can't get Zlauncher to launch the program. It shows that it is there, but it will not launch. It is a Bible program that I downloaded. Anybody have any suggestions? ZZtechs.com, the creators of Zlauncher haven't been to easy to access for a user manual. Any suggestions or thoughts on that?

Thanks everybody.
    Use the file manager system in ZLauncher (its in the menu) to move the bible program to ram. Then, while in ZLauncher tap and hold the bible programs icon and select "move to card". ZLauncher can now move the program to ram and create the needed shortcuts that will allow you to run the program from the SD card.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    The manual is on zztechs.com, it's pretty easy to find, and it's even been recently updated and it's very useful.

What it sounds like is that you downloaded this program to some odd place on the SD card... You either place stuff in /palm/launcher or put it into ram and then let ZLauncher itself move it to the SD card. Putting it in any random place on the card just won't work.

Best thing to do is if you have the room, put the program in ram, then move it to the SD card with ZLauncher itself.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, I moved all of the files into launcher on the care, and when I press and hold any of them to bring up the options, and press launch, it does nothing. I moved them to RAM, and then moved them to the launcher on the card. Sorry for the problems, I'm just new at this.

Thanks again everyone for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by b&b2007
    Ok, I moved all of the files into launcher on the care, and when I press and hold any of them to bring up the options, and press launch, it does nothing. I moved them to RAM, and then moved them to the launcher on the card. Sorry for the problems, I'm just new at this.

Hey...

Okay, I'll try to help you through this. As I recall, when I first installed zlauncher, the file I hotsynched to the card went to the zlauncher folder on the card. This is the wrong folder to launch from. this "zlauncher" folder is used to store unused icon, theme, sound, etc files from zlauncher on the rom.

To get the app files to synch to the card to launch from zlauncher, you need to get the app in the correct folder on the card. this folder is called "launcher". In other words you need to get an app in that folder to set up a path.

You apparently already have zlauncher installed in the rom on the devise. If you go to the default launcher and can launch zlauncher and it comes up with 'all', 'main', 'utilities', 'games', 'system', etc and it has a theme, it is working.

Here's what you need to do. With zlauncher running, choose any third party app you have installed to the rom already. Hold you finger or the stylus on the icon to bring up the menu. Tap 'MOVE TO', a window will open with 'Palm' on top and your Card Type or Card Name below 'Palm'. Tap the '+' next to the card to open the path. A series of folders will show and go down to the 'Palm' folder and tap the '+' next to it. More folders will show and go down to 'launcher' and highlight it by tapping it. Then go to the bottom left corner of the window and tap 'OK'. the app will be put in this folder and zlauncher will launch it from the card catagory.

When you go to the card catagory in zlauncher and if you see a page with folders and no app, you need to tap 'Palm' folder and tap 'launcher' folder. A progress bar will show for a second or two and the window will open and your app you sent to this folder earlier will be there. You have now set up a path for the apps you synch to the card to arrive in. When ever you launch zlauncher and use the 5 way navigator to go to the card catagory, this window will allways open and your apps will show to launch from the card.

When ever you want to move apps to the card, tap 'move to' not 'move to card' and follow the path above. If you want to move an app from the card to the rom, tap 'move to' and tap 'Palm' on the top of the window, and tap OK on the lower left corner of the window and the app will be moved to the rom.

Chuck
    Wow Chuck, what a long and completely incorrect post

SIMPLE. Sync program to Palm ram. Long-tap icon, select Move to Card.

The Card should be your default SD (although with some Palms with multiple cards or such you MIGHT have to select the right one), pick the ".../ZLauncher/Apps/" path option, check Related Databases over 20kb (my preference), and Create Shortcut.

This lets the program hotsync properly still, but everything except a small stub program (for the hotsync ability) and any databases <20k are moved to SD.

I have about 35M of programs/data on my SD card from ZLauncher.. I'd be seriously limited otherwise, as a lot of the 35M are pdb's that otherwise would have to be left in ram.

Read the manual original poster.. And Chuck, wow, you too.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Wow Chuck, what a long and completely incorrect post

SIMPLE. Sync program to Palm ram. Long-tap icon, select Move to Card.

The Card should be your default SD (although with some Palms with multiple cards or such you MIGHT have to select the right one), pick the ".../ZLauncher/Apps/" path option, check Related Databases over 20kb (my preference), and Create Shortcut.

This lets the program hotsync properly still, but everything except a small stub program (for the hotsync ability) and any databases <20k are moved to SD.

I have about 35M of programs/data on my SD card from ZLauncher.. I'd be seriously limited otherwise, as a lot of the 35M are pdb's that otherwise would have to be left in ram.

Read the manual original poster.. And Chuck, wow, you too.
    Wow.....

Thanks for your opinion. You know what they say......Opinions are like A Holes, everybody has one.......

As you may know, zlauncher can be intimidating to first time users. The procdure I described above got me through using zlauncher until I got used to it.

So wow, thanks again for your opinion.

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by b&b2007

Most probably the app won't run from the card b/c it needs to be memory resident. Check the readme file of the app to make sure. Not all apps can be run off the card fyi...

Also, when you install an app via hotsync to the card, it always goes by default to the /palm/launcher dir unless otherwise stated b/c this is the only dir the defualt palmos launcher sees to view app on the card.

The easiest and most simple solution for you is to delete the app from the card and simple try to install it again fresh, but this time to the ram of the treo as you would normally do with any other app. Then you can use the zlauncher mem manager features to move the app to the card to save space. This is alot easier and better way to organize your app and assoc dbs...

Good luck...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions