1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knows if the Treo 650 can be remotely hotsynced using regular Sprint PCS Vision service. Any tips on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by akmountaineer
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knows if the Treo 650 can be remotely hotsynced using regular Sprint PCS Vision service. Any tips on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Do you mean HotSync'd with your PC using Palm HotSync over the network rather than via USB cable? Or do you mean synchronized remotely with a server?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Do you mean HotSync'd with your PC using Palm HotSync over the network rather than via USB cable? Or do you mean synchronized remotely with a server?
    I would just like to Hotsync my 650 with my PC when I'm out of town so I can use that data on my PC with a VNC.

Thanks.
    Yes, it can be done. I do it and very rare occasions. Depending on your network setup at home, you will have to open a couple of ports on your router. Search the boards here for "wireless hotsync" for detailed explanations on how do complete the setup. Be aware though that a wireless hotsync through Vison is painfully slow, like half and hour or more to sync slow.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  5.    #5  
    What other options do I have to remotely move a select few files from my phone to my computer? I can't email attachments from my phone because I have Hotmail which doesn't work with Versamail unless you jump through a bunch of hoops (which I did about a year ago) and I never really got it to work correctly.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Depends what kinds of files. If they are on your external card, you could use FTP. There are several freeware ftp programs.

Jason
    There is a new application that Palm has mentioned on their website, its called Avvenu. I have installed it on my home PC and am able to access my home PC via Blazer browser on my SprintPCS Treo 650. Its works quite well, resonably fast and I can transfer files to my Treo. Its also FREE. Check it out.

And of course there is also Win-Hand. I use it, and it works very very well for moving files between PC and Treo and vice/versa, as well as running programs on your PC via your Treo. It is a subscription based service, so please be aware of that.
    Last edited by cgordonn; 10/14/2005 at 06:09 PM.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    There is a new application that Palm has mentioned on their website, its called Avvenu. I have installed it on my home PC and am able to access my home PC via Blazer browser on my SprintPCS Treo 650. Its works quite well, resonably fast and I can transfer files to my Treo. Its also FREE. Check it out.

And of course there is also Win-Hand. I use it, and it works very very well for moving files between PC and Treo and vice/versa, as well as running programs on your PC via your Treo. It is a subscription based service, so please be aware of that.
    I use winVNC right now to access my PC, and it works well, but there is no file transfer capability. With Avvenu can you move files from your Treo to your PC, or just PC to Treo like Sprint Biz Conn?
    File moves with Avvenu are one way, PC to Treo. For more heavy duty, two way file moves I stick with Win-Hand. The file transfer capability comes in very handy. I was home in Honolulu a couple of months back, to make funeral arrangements for my mother who passed away. I was staying with my sister, and using GoToMyPC to connect from her PC to my PC here in Virginia Beach, VA to create funeral brouchure for the ceramony and as well as a plaque design for my mothers urn.

I had emailed a PDF of the plaque layout to the engraver, then left the house to pick up my niece from school. While sitting in the car at the school parking lot, my sister called and told me the engraver noticed a spelling problem with the design I had emailed him. I got off the phone with my sister, connected to my home PC in Virginia Beach with Win-Hand, edited the document, printed to file a new PDF, transfered the PDF to my Treo, then emailed the corrected file to the engraver with ChatterEmail. Took me less then 15mins to get all of that done, all from the palm of my hand and all while waiting in a high school parking lot in Honolulu for my niece to get out of school.

Man, I love my Treo!
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Right on

I also use Win-Hand a lot. It's a great program!
    WiFile Pro supports WebDAV for file transfers as well. This means if you're a Mac user with an Apple .Mac account, have an account on an Exchange server with OWA enabled, or have any other DAV server available to you, you can transfer files back and forth very easily.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    File moves with Avvenu are one way, PC to Treo. For more heavy duty, two way file moves I stick with Win-Hand. The file transfer capability comes in very handy. I was home in Honolulu a couple of months back, to make funeral arrangements for my mother who passed away. I was staying with my sister, and using GoToMyPC to connect from her PC to my PC here in Virginia Beach, VA to create funeral brouchure for the ceramony and as well as a plaque design for my mothers urn.

I had emailed a PDF of the plaque layout to the engraver, then left the house to pick up my niece from school. While sitting in the car at the school parking lot, my sister called and told me the engraver noticed a spelling problem with the design I had emailed him. I got off the phone with my sister, connected to my home PC in Virginia Beach with Win-Hand, edited the document, printed to file a new PDF, transfered the PDF to my Treo, then emailed the corrected file to the engraver with ChatterEmail. Took me less then 15mins to get all of that done, all from the palm of my hand and all while waiting in a high school parking lot in Honolulu for my niece to get out of school.

Man, I love my Treo!

I'm with you there, cgordonn. I use Palm VNC in conjunction with Win VNC instead of Winhand, but from what I understand they are pretty similar, only the VNCs are free. I love being able to work on my PC and take care of business like the situation you described all from the palm of my hand. The day I got VNC properly working with my Treo was one of the most exciting days of my life! Thanks for all of your input.