Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Another option is to look to see if there is a proclip that's made specific for your vehicle

http://www.proclipusa.com/vehiclemou...clemounts.aspx

I've got my seidio cradle sitting on a proclip and its a much sturdier/optimal position than using either the vent or suction mounts that came with it. It adds about $30 but if you use your treo in the car alot its worth it.

You can see a couple pictures of where I was able to mount it (in a Honda Pilot) at the bottom of this post
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...498#post846498
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by murph71
    the Palm version is now available at the Palm.com site for 20% off. Total now is $199.

Given this NEW price, would you choose this one? Anyone tried it and can compare?
    The more i learned about the Palm set the less i liked it. It uses an older, less accurate chipset in the GPS receiver.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    i have my tom tom go 700 worth $990, but i want to sell it at e-bay and buy this G4850M NAVIGATIONAL KIT worth ~$300 so that i can utilize my treo 650.

do you think guys its advisable? i want to return my tom2 but it already exceed 15days return policy at best buy.

shame on me! i forget to read here at treocentral so that i can just upgrade my treo 650 to GPS, and it will save me a lot of buck$$$
    OK. I have a Cingular-branded Treo 650. I'm thinking of putting Nav 5 on my Xmas list, but when I clicked on the handy link listed above for software bundles, there's a slew of confusing configurations. What on earth is the difference between, say, Haicum and Holux?

What do I need, besides the Nav 5 download and the SD card with USA maps?

I'm planning on joining this thing to a Macintosh Powerbook using Bluetooth.

(I've already got a 650, so this talk about power cords, adapters, etc. is not making much sense...?)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3O.650
    i have my tom tom go 700 worth $990, but i want to sell it at e-bay and buy this G4850M NAVIGATIONAL KIT worth ~$300 so that i can utilize my treo 650.

do you think guys its advisable? i want to return my tom2 but it already exceed 15days return policy at best buy.

shame on me! i forget to read here at treocentral so that i can just upgrade my treo 650 to GPS, and it will save me a lot of buck$$$

Did you buy it this month?...I believe starting Nov 1st BBuy has there christmas return policy (ie extended returns)

As far as TT700 vs Treo...if you've got the Treo already then I'd just get the G4850 Kit and save the money
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    Did you buy it this month?...I believe starting Nov 1st BBuy has there christmas return policy (ie extended returns)

As far as TT700 vs Treo...if you've got the Treo already then I'd just get the G4850 Kit and save the money
    i know that they have extebded warranty. i call bestbuy they told me that its only 15 days for the return policy for my tt700 i dont know why its not apply for my tt700.

btw, my receipt date is nov 7.
    Looking for a GPS in Canada, Anyone know who has good map support and where to buy?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Ive heard both good and bad things about TomTom, but the Palm unit is attractive based on the price. If anyone else has any info on this it would be great.
    Yeah. Well, as far as I know there are only two choices. I now own both. I have been using Mapopolis for a year and am a big fan.

I have been using TomTom for one afternoon. I am very impressed. As much as I like Mapopolis (particularly their support), TomTom is a more sophisticated program.
    pls help.

my seido is not working properly.

its always "waiting for GPS signal"

pls advise what to do.

thanks in advance
    pls help.

my seido is not working properly.

its always "waiting for GPS signal"

pls advise what to do.

thanks in advance
    Are you sure that the GPS has a signal? Exit the TT app, do a power off reset on the GPS. Restart the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Are you sure that the GPS has a signal? Exit the TT app, do a power off reset on the GPS. Restart the app.
    i already exit the application and restart my treo....same problem.

GPS has no signal.....while im driving.
    i already exit the application and restart my treo....same problem.

GPS has no signal.....while im driving.
    Be sure the Treo is pushed all the way down in the holder. If not, the GPS connection may not be good. According to a previous post, it is possible to get the power connected without the GPS if you don't get it fully seated.
    Also, what GPS 'Configuration' do you have TomTom setup for.

It should be 'other Cable NEMA GPS' and baud = 4800 (assuming you are talking about a seidio G4850 or G2350 cradle
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    Be sure the Treo is pushed all the way down in the holder. If not, the GPS connection may not be good. According to a previous post, it is possible to get the power connected without the GPS if you don't get it fully seated.
    i heard a click when i inserted my treo at the holder.
    Also, what GPS 'Configuration' do you have TomTom setup for.

It should be 'other Cable NEMA GPS' and baud = 4800 (assuming you are talking about a seidio G4850 or G2350 cradle

GPS configuration? i just choose Tom2 for Palm....

what is that "other cable nema GPS" and baud....how can i check that.

btw, i have g4850
    GPS configuration? i just choose Tom2 for Palm....

what is that "other cable nema GPS" and baud....how can i check that.

btw, i have g4850
    1) Launch TomTom
    2) Select Menu
    3) Select Change Preferences
    4) Use the > to goto preference screen 3 of 5
    5) Select Show GPS Status
    6) Select Configure
    7) use the > to Select "other cable NEMA GPS" from the available options

then within about 1 Minute your GPS status screen should start locking on Satellites and get a fix
    1) Launch TomTom
    2) Select Menu
    3) Select Change Preferences
    4) Use the > to goto preference screen 3 of 5
    5) Select Show GPS Status
    6) Select Configure
    7) use the > to Select "other cable NEMA GPS" from the available options

then within about 1 Minute your GPS status screen should start locking on Satellites and get a fix
    thanks!

my GPS configuration is wrong! i'll try the GPS later.
    i got it work, but i rather choose to use my tom tom go 700....

i'm not satisfied with the sound/voice of seido.
    Ok, I am looking into buying the Seidio G4850M GPS+TomTom Car Kit, but I have a question.

1) How is the re-routing time with TomTom?
    If you are talking about the time to recalculate your route on-the-fly, TomTom does this very fast. Usually takes about 5-seconds.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast