1.    #1  
    Is this just a dream?

Why can't I find a device to use the existing Bluetooth in the Treo and "bridge" it to a 802.11 network? This has to be technically possible!

Here's my thoughts: I could place this device (that doesn't exist apparently) near the places I tend to be without a computer being six feet away. Seems to be such a simple concept....

The ultimate would be to make this small enough to fit in a pocket that recharges but I'm just kidding myself right? ....Right?

I really don't want to get that sled but Bluetooth is just too limited for my needs....
    Are you looking for a WAP that has bluetooth capabilities that you can connect to and utilize the Internet/network resources?
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Is this just a dream?

Why can't I find a device to use the existing Bluetooth in the Treo and "bridge" it to a 802.11 network? This has to be technically possible!

Here's my thoughts: I could place this device (that doesn't exist apparently) near the places I tend to be without a computer being six feet away. Seems to be such a simple concept....

The ultimate would be to make this small enough to fit in a pocket that recharges but I'm just kidding myself right? ....Right?

I really don't want to get that sled but Bluetooth is just too limited for my needs....

Possio makes a Bt-to-Wifi bridge, but they're expensive:

http://www.possio.com/scripts/unifie...d=english&dh=3

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions