Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    I am anxiously awaiting to receive my earpiece. I placed an order for my Plantronices 640 with ecost Does anyone have any experience with them. I placed the order on the 13th of the month and it shows that it shipped on the 14th and my credit card was charged. I have yet to receive the order. I emailed them and got a reply from a autoresponder and so I called them two days ago. They just told me to wait as my order has shipped. I tried to track my order but it says that the # they provided is invalid. I don't think I will be ordering from them again if I don't get my order soon. Does anyone else have any experience with this company?
    Quote Originally Posted by tlphipps
    Was this an ebay acquisition or from a retailer?
    I went through Pricegrabber.com.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Plant...ype=bottomline
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I bought the 640 after reading all the reviews on here. I thought you like to read about my first trip with it.

I used it around the house and office with good results for a week. I had a little trouble deciding which ear piece size was most comfortable and ended up with the small one and the ear hook since I really like a firm fit. (That I used the hook is important later in my story)

The 640 hands off to my 650 a little faster (maybe one ring quicker) than the 510 which I've been using for a couple of months. Most people I talk to say it sounds fine except when there is background noise. I was trying to talk to my wife while I was driving in a downpour and she told me the rain hitting the windshield was louder than my voice.

I had a bunch of Nokia car & house chargers so took one of each on a business trip. Using the 640 throughout the first day with no problems and recharged that evening.

Started out the second day on a 2 hour conference call with good results but that really put a hurt on the charge and I ran low on juice in the airport later in the evening.

Luckily, I had loaded a battery in the portable charger and used it to recharge while I waited out a 3 hour weather delay. I carried the entire unit in my shirt pocket with a fleece jacket on. Somewhere in the Atlanta airport, the earhook must have caught on my jacket and I lost the ear piece and earhook.

The only thing keeping the earhook in place is the rubber ear piece and as others have mentioned, it comes off way too easy.

Needless to say, I was pretty po'ed until I called Plantronics customer service today. A very nice women offered to send me both pieces free of charge with a sincere apology for the inconvience.

So, I give the 640 about an 8 out of 10 for function and maybe a 4 for design.

The only safe way to carry it all is in the big metal box and thats not practical. Before I started using the ear hook, I would just drop it in my pants pocket or jacket pocket and the ear piece would come off but I'd find it.

After adding the ear hook, I was afraid it would get bent if I put it in my pocket so I started using the charging receptical and clipping it onto my shirt pocket and that's how I lost the pieces.

So, I guess I'll keep using it and be more careful . . . until someone writes about a better one.
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry
    Can ANYONE who has had both the 540 and 610 compare the volume and how you sound to other people? Statis sounds like an issue with any earpiece so i am very concerned about how i would sound to others and how they sound to me.

thanks.
    I have both and the volume is much higher for me with the 640 although I found the 510 to be fine.

The reason I decided to try the 640 is because I had inconsistant results on the other end with the 510. Most people I asked told me I sounded fine when using the 510 but other times I'd have people tell me I sounded awful and I could never identify what was causing it. It was frustrating to wonder each time I made a call if the person on the othe end would be able to hear me well.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678