Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    So far I like the discover 640. I like the volumes and I have not had static problems. A little frusterated that a treo adaptor is not included. I need to find someones old car charger
    I'd really like to find a source for a Treo 650 female connector. Then I could build a small Treo 650->nokia connector and use the Nokia base to charge the headset.
  3. MMT
    You can buy a female connector from the Palm plugged-in developer site. You have to register first, for free, and then you can order parts. They don't sell just a female connector, if I remember correctly; what they sell is the entire phone-side of the multi-connector with all the other pins as well as the female power connector. You can cut the connector in half to get just the power parts. It would obviously require some tweaking, but it's possible. I have a couple of these myself, as I am looking to add a power connector to my audio adapter. See this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92517

- MMT
    From the files of the unbeleivable.......

My 16 week old puppy somehow got her hands on my 640. Needless to say it's dead. She chewed it to pieces.

$129 down the drain.
    yeah.... I have a puppy..well.. she's 12 months old now... She is brown...

but I remember when she chewed a whole in our brand new car's seat about 4 months ago. I had visions of her being a football and punting her across the parking lot... Kind of hard to stay mad when they are cute, though.
    Yeah can't stay mad at this face for very long.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...elle/Belle.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    From the files of the unbeleivable.......

My 16 week old puppy somehow got her hands on my 640. Needless to say it's dead. She chewed it to pieces.

$129 down the drain.
    I thought they were less than $100.00!
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 11/12/2005 at 02:37 PM.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I thought they were less than $100.00!
    Paid $129 at Comp USA in DE (no tax.) They can be gotten for less via the web, $80-$99 but that doesn't include shipping charges or the cost of having to wait for the postman to come. Not to mention the cost of return shipping if you don't like it.
    Paid $129 at Comp USA in DE (no tax.) They can be gotten for less via the web, $80-$99 but that doesn't include shipping charges or the cost of having to wait for the postman to come. Not to mention the cost of return shipping if you don't like it.
    Yea, sometimes it does make more sense to purchase from a brick & mortar and pay a little more. Especially with these finicky BT Headsets.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Had mine a week now, second best BT HS I have owned next to the HBH-660. The 660 connects like a second or so quicker than 640, with that said, the 640 is more comfortable and has a better talk time and alot more flexible as far being portable and w/ multiple charging adapters. Bought mine at CDW $81. My HBH-660 is now my backup to the 640.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios
    Had mine a week now, second best BT HS I have owned next to the HBH-660. The 660 connects like a second or so quicker than 640, with that said, the 640 is more comfortable and has a better talk time and alot more flexible as far being portable and w/ multiple charging adapters. Bought mine at CDW $81. My HBH-660 is now my backup to the 640.
    I know what you mean...I really like the design and how comfortable it is but I do get a lot of static unless it is very close (3ft). I also get static if it is under a jacket even if it on the same side as the Treo. If I could get as little static and anywhere near the range as I get with the HBH-662, it would be a keeper for sure. Maybe it is just my Treo but I am reluctant to get a refurbished one as everything else on mine is perfect.
    I used mine for a week, got bad reviews from all my buddies on the sound quality and I went and picked up an HBH-662--best I've used to far. I blew the 10 day return policy on the 640, so I guess I'm stuck with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by senatorw
    I used mine for a week, got bad reviews from all my buddies on the sound quality and I went and picked up an HBH-662--best I've used to far. I blew the 10 day return policy on the 640, so I guess I'm stuck with it.

EBAY
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I can NOT pair this thing.. I have pairted a Jabra and a Moto in the past but the 640 is having issues.

This is what I am doing.

Bluetooth is in the on mode.
    the device name: My hotsync name
    Discoverable: yes.

Go through the set up.

Turn on the 640 as I the device is searching and nothing happens.

Am I missing something. The aren't open till Monday and I was really hoping to get this thing up and running.

Help!
    JsJsJs
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Are you placing the 640 in pairing mode?

With the headset off press and hold the power button until it flashes both red and blue. Then release.

Then search for devices on the Treo.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 11/26/2005 at 04:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Are you placing the 640 in paring mode?

With the headset off press and hold the power button until it flashes both red and blue. Then release.

Then search for devices on the Treo.

U Sir are a LIFE SAVER!! I didn't get the hold part. Thank you soooo much. Also I give thanks for a site like this were we can help each other (not that I am much help) and get the help we need.

JsJsJs

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Glad I could help.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    So after reading through this thread, most people seem to be very satisfied with this headset. Is that the general consensus? I'm just curious as I want to order it this weekend from the TC store during the discount. Thanks.
    I bought this at CompUSA "on sale" for $99. I previously was using the Sony HBH660 and before that the free Jabra 250 I got with the Treo650. It doesn't work as well as the Sony. Connects slower, but still acceptably. It has to be within 4-5 feet of the Treo to not have static and must be line-of-sight. Even if the treo is only the other side of my head 12 inches away from the 640, there is static. But I bought it for it's small size and being ability to wear comfortably continually, and for that it works for me.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I have had it for a day. ( See previous post.) There is a little static, but the form fit and pocket size is awsome. I really like the way it fits. I had better sound on a few, but none better fitting and feeling. It is not much of a trade off. That is just a first look review. I will use it in my car all next week and check back here.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast