Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    any static at all when Treo is in your pocket???
    I purchased thi 640 after my Treo BT was stolen out of my luggage last week. My thoughts are larely cosistent with those above.

The packaging is slick, the carrying case, adapters, battery charger for emergencies, etc. definitely cool. THe 640 looks cool, it's silver and small and fits very nicely in your ear. It is snug because of the seemless integration of the ear gel (the ear gels that I bought aftermarket for my Treo never worked right and broke). I tell you what? This is the first of 3 BT headsets I have bought that is loud. You can actually hear fine with this one. No problems, and Idon't use VC any longer on my Sprint phone.

As for the handoff? It hands off on incoming and outgoing calls *reasonably* quickly. I do not agree with those above who say that the handoff is faster than the Treo BT headset. It's nowhere near as close in my experience, but it's quick enough. I am not left waiting for it, like with the Jabra which did not even support auto hand off.

The 640 also uses internal tones fairly nicely. It does tell you in the ear when it's on, when it's going off, when a call is coming in, when you adjust the volume. This is a nice feature. None of my other attempts had it.

But for the more important criteria? Sound quality? It's just okay. In the car with the windows rolled up and top up, it sounds fine to me. One person reported that the quality was fine. Two others reported I sounded bad, one said tinny and the other reported I was breaking up. The phone was on the same side as the headset. With the top down. Forget it. Nobody could hear me.

I'm not sure whether to return it. Don't think it will be functional for walking around town. Won't work with the top down. Might have to go check out an HBH-300 or wait further.

Good luck.

Yes, I can answer it with just the headset, by the way. No, I haven't tried call waiting.
    I really like my 640 so far. Although I've had two comments so far...

1. People say they can hear a lot of stuff going on around me. I guess the Noise Cancellation isn't that great.

2. My wife thinks the Discovery 640 looks like a Tampax container..
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    My wife thinks the Discovery 640 looks like a Tampax container..
    I was thinking about trying this headset out until now!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I picked up one of these at Comp USA yesterday.

It's very small and light, which I like.

I'll play with it this week and see if it'll replace my 662 or Palm headset.
    I love the Discovery 640 with my Treo 650, but a Tampax container? Sheesh! Damn, now I can't get that image out of my head. Thanks a lot.
    Just replaced my Mobile Pro this weekend. First impressions:
    640 connects faster. 640 much louder. 640 much lighter. 640 much smaller and less geeky. Dissapointed that they didn't include a Treo charger adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcD
    Just replaced my Mobile Pro this weekend. First impressions:
    640 connects faster. 640 much louder. 640 much lighter. 640 much smaller and less geeky. Dissapointed that they didn't include a Treo charger adapter.

How is the noise cancellation compared to the mobile pro? I found the logitech mobile pro is one of the best out there.
    I haven't been outside or anywhere where there was externa noise yet. I'll report on it when I try it out. But I couldn't hear the logitech very well if there was noise around me (even using Volume Control) so the noise cancellation was kind of a mute point (misspelling intended).
    I'm finding the headset does not perform very well when the Treo is in my pocket.

Sitting in the cup holder of my car it does fine.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I'm finding the headset does not perform very well when the Treo is in my pocket.

Sitting in the cup holder of my car it does fine.
    I would agree with you but it is the best I have tried so far including Jabra BT500, TWH, SE HBH 608, MOT HS850. Have you found any that work better than the 640 and are anywhere near as comfortable?

I have not seen much about it in this forum but I am going to try the Tekkeon EZ MiniTalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    I would agree with you but it is the best I have tried so far including Jabra BT500, TWH, SE HBH 608, MOT HS850. Have you found any that work better than the 640 and are anywhere near as comfortable?

I have not seen much about it in this forum but I am going to try the Tekkeon EZ MiniTalker.
    Absoltuely right about the comfort factor. I've owned a lot of headsets (BT800, HS850, HS810, HBH660, HBH662, Palm One) just to name a few and this one is BY FAR the best fitting on the ear. With previous headsets my ear would begin to hurt after an hour of wear. I can wear the 640 all day with no discomfort. Sometimes I forget it's even on.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Any place the 640 is in stock at a "reasonable" price?
    Comp USA

$129
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Ouch! By reasonable, I meant, say lower than $90. Found a few at various places on the web for $70-80, but like everywhere else, they are back ordered.
    Wow, who's selling it for $70?

I guess you have to pay a premium for getting it right away.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Froogle is your friend. Sparco.com to mention one reseller, but there are many in the $70-75 price range. Don't recognize any of them, but some have 4-5 star ratings. All out of stock.
    I got mine from an amazon distributer named Ixap Inc.

$94. It was in stock and I got it in a couple days. I bought it via Amazon though (felt more secure)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF
    Froogle is your friend. Sparco.com to mention one reseller, but there are many in the $70-75 price range. Don't recognize any of them, but some have 4-5 star ratings. All out of stock.
    Cool.

Personally I don't have a problem paying a little more when it's from a place I know I can trust. Especially an actual store I can visit in person. This makes returns, if needed, a lot easier.

I also don't always trust places when they show a really low price but don't actually have the item in stock. It's funny when they actually get the item in stock and the price has increased.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    True, plus u save on the restocking fees too.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast