Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Been using mine for about a day, and after several lengthy calls from the car in the pouring rain, I am thrilled with the following:
    -comfort (don't really know it is there)
    -volume (first headset that actually is loud and easy to hear)
    -connection (picks up calls quicker than Treo headset and Logitech Mobile Pro)
    -charging "holster" thing is awesome, granted I have not yet had to "remember" to change the battery after a week or so.

Overall extremely pleased with it. Now I just have to decide if I am going to keep using it with my T650 or the Samsung i730 I have buring a hole in my briefcase. Just can't get the hang of Windows Mobile 2003SE.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    Been using mine for about a day, and after several lengthy calls from the car in the pouring rain, I am thrilled with the following:
    -comfort (don't really know it is there)
    -volume (first headset that actually is loud and easy to hear)
    -connection (picks up calls quicker than Treo headset and Logitech Mobile Pro)
    -charging "holster" thing is awesome, granted I have not yet had to "remember" to change the battery after a week or so.

Overall extremely pleased with it. Now I just have to decide if I am going to keep using it with my T650 or the Samsung i730 I have buring a hole in my briefcase. Just can't get the hang of Windows Mobile 2003SE.

What is funny is that I too have the Samsung i730 and the Treo 650, right now the Treo is the one activated. Couple of weeks ago I was using the i730, I like it but found the Palm OS more simpler and easier to use. I have used Pocket PC many times before in the past as I have had many so it was not because I did not know how to use it, it is just that I find the PALM OS simpler to use. Also I find that the Bluetooth system on the i730 to be better than the Treo 650. The i730 will receive and transfer calls faster and ring faster, etc. God Bless.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeluna
    What is funny is that I too have the Samsung i730 and the Treo 650, right now the Treo is the one activated. Couple of weeks ago I was using the i730, I like it but found the Palm OS more simpler and easier to use. I have used Pocket PC many times before in the past as I have had many so it was not because I did not know how to use it, it is just that I find the PALM OS simpler to use. Also I find that the Bluetooth system on the i730 to be better than the Treo 650. The i730 will receive and transfer calls faster and ring faster, etc. God Bless.
    I totally feel the same way. I like the i730, but it is not exactly easy to use and being new to PPC, the in and outs of it are quite involved. Items like Favorites, etc are not near as easy to use nor as well thought out. Issue to me is I feel like PPC is the horse to bet on and I am intrigued by the more feature rich OS. We'll see...
    I have had my 640 for about a week.

I LOVE IT.

I have been through many different BT headsets along the way...Treo...Creative.....Plantronics 510...ZEN ....then I found the answer.

The best part is that my friends have put up with me calling them on crappy headsets asking how they sound..."can you call me back?"...that type stuff. I got the 640 and didn't let them know. In a week no one has complained about noise, I have not dropped a call. This thing accepts the handoff faster then any headset I have had. My friends have been surprised to learn I had a new BT headset, they all assumed I was wired.

It is also is louder then anyother headset I have used with my Treo, including wired headsets. At times I find myself turning down the volume.

The charger? The accessories? Don't get me started. They all work great. Best part was I had an old V60 car charger laying around, so now I have a charger for the car. I love the fact that when I remove the headset from the vibrating holder/charger in my pocket that it picks up the phone.

I have been using Plantronics equipment for 20 years. They have out done themselves.

Got mine for $104 out the door.
    Can anyone tell me (that has both the 640 and the 510) whether or not the eargel on the 640 and be used on the 510 or not? I'm curious if the mount is the same or different as to how they attach
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MackIII
    Can anyone tell me (that has both the 640 and the 510) whether or not the eargel on the 640 and be used on the 510 or not? I'm curious if the mount is the same or different as to how they attach

Well technically they are not the same, as the fittings are just slightly different, but I have switched and tried both of them with each other and they both fit and work fine with each others eargel or pad. I hope this helps you. God Bless.
    Quote Originally Posted by 45wheelgun
    I love the fact that when I remove the headset from the vibrating holder/charger in my pocket that it picks up the phone.

I have been using Plantronics equipment for 20 years. They have out done themselves.

Got mine for $104 out the door.
    Okay, am i missing something in the setup. Mine does not vibrate when it's in its holder. Did i miss something in the manual, or does this happen automatically? Does hte treo need to be set a certain way?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Okay, am i missing something in the setup. Mine does not vibrate when it's in its holder. Did i miss something in the manual, or does this happen automatically? Does hte treo need to be set a certain way?

Thanks
    From page 10 of the manual under the heading Answering and Ending calls:

"If the Headset is in the Headset Carrying Pocket when a call is received, the Carrying Pocket will vibrate. Removing the Headset from the pocket will answer the call"

You need to make sure the headset is firmly connected to the pocket, as if you were charging the phone. If you just drop the headset into the pocket it will not connect and will not vibrate.
    Yeah, i'm sure its connecting properly. I checked the manual again too. I definitley do not get any vibrate out of it though.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Yeah, i'm sure its connecting properly. I checked the manual again too. I definitley do not get any vibrate out of it though.

Any thoughts?
    Only idea I would have is that you are not waiting long enough, mine doesn't vibrate right away, the phone rings twice before the headset vibrates. I answer the phone before it vibrates most often. It is only when I am in a loud place and don't hear it that I feel the vibration.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    It's out of stock, but check out the price Buy.com has the 640 for...
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...1&loc=111&sp=1
    I use a Plantonic head set for my land line phone in the office. Have been happy with its performance and quality. Combining this experience with different reviews I opted to buy the Plantonic 640 head set for my Treo 650.

I use the optional ear stabilizer for more stability. It is lighter than the one I use in the office. Voice quality VG on both ends even while driving the freeway. No static whatever (because my Treo is a Verizon?).

Bluetooth paring took about 6 trys...not sure why it took so long.

I like the 3 options for charging the headset; alas the four charging adapters did not include one for the treo 650. Is there one available?

Yes, pricey but seems to worth it.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Is the 640 capable of call waiting or call swap, and/or redial with the Treo? Is it comfortable, or does it flop around? I have tried the HS850 and the HBH 662, unhappy with both for the fit. Tried the Jabra eargels on the 662, and didn't like the fit or feel, too much of a PITA to get it in my ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeluna
    Well technically they are not the same, as the fittings are just slightly different, but I have switched and tried both of them with each other and they both fit and work fine with each others eargel or pad. I hope this helps you. God Bless.
    Hey thanks, When you say the fittings are different but they worked.......are you saying that the 640 eargel doesn't fit secure or tight on the 510? Do you think it would fall off easy? I just like eargels (they would last longer than sponges) and was wondering if it would be an alternative.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MackIII
    Hey thanks, When you say the fittings are different but they worked.......are you saying that the 640 eargel doesn't fit secure or tight on the 510? Do you think it would fall off easy? I just like eargels (they would last longer than sponges) and was wondering if it would be an alternative.
    When I said that the 640 eargel and the 510 earpad have different fittings, what I meant is that the difference is so slight that actually it does not really matter for either one as it is very slight. Infact they fit very securely with each other and no they will not fall off. Hope this makes it clearer. God Bless.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF
    Is the 640 capable of call waiting or call swap, and/or redial with the Treo? Is it comfortable, or does it flop around? I have tried the HS850 and the HBH 662, unhappy with both for the fit. Tried the Jabra eargels on the 662, and didn't like the fit or feel, too much of a PITA to get it in my ear.

In my experience YES the 640 is capable of redial with the Treo, you have to press the answer button twice really fast and it will redial the lasr number you called. As for Call wait I have not tried it yet, but if my Plantronics 510 can do it and this is their top of the line unit, I would assume that the 640 can too. Hope this helps. God Bless.
    anyone compare this to the HBH-300? I had the 510, the connect time was super slow, and the noise cancelling was ok, just not great. I wanted a headset that made me sound like I'm always in the office even when I'm outside or in the car. So far, the HBH-300 and the Logitech Mobile are the only 2 that do it. I stuck with the HBH-300 for the 10 hour talk time and ability to put it in my pocket. But it's a little big. I am still looking for something with the great microphone with great noise cancelling, but is small.

This looks interesting, but the few reviews on noise cancelling sound like there's more to be desired.
    First, I would like to thank everyone for their reviews. Can someone just clarify the following:

1) Can you Answer/end a call using only the 640? I do understand that if you take it out of the carrying pocket when recieving an incoming call it will answer. My question is directed to it being already in your ear and not having to touch the Treo.

2) Can you answer Call Waiting and the swap between callers?

3) When using the AA battery charging method to you have to replace the battery after each charge?

This headset sounds like it might be an option for me provided it can do the first item. Thanks in advance for your help.
    I'm torn between the 640 and the new Bluespoon AX2. Any thoughts?

http://www.howardchui.com/modules.ph...icle&artid=219
    SO.. I just got the Plantronics 640. Microphone quality is definitely better then the Treo Wireless Headset and the Scala 500.

It's very light and see to connect to the Treo 650 very quickly. Maybe not as quick as the TWH, but pretty quick. Also, I like the feedback in my ear when I press buttons. That was an annoying thing on the TWH.

Now..

Anyone know where I can get a female connector for the Treo 650 power plug, so I can make a Treo 650 power adapter charge connector for the 640? I was thinking of just making a wire that converts from Treo 650 to Nokia, then using the nokia base.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast