1.    #1  
    Here is the problem. I use my 650 to sync both at home and at work. At home I am running WinXP with Outlook 2000. At work it is the same but with Outlook 2003 over an exchange server. Both syncs are done using the cable and the Palm hotsync software.

Each desktop is set to syncronize the datebook, contacts, etc and the enable syncronization with multiple computers is checked. In the case of a conflict both are set for the handheld to win.

Here is the problem. Each desktop syncs perfectly with the handheld, but the desktops are not kept in sync. For example, if I enter a new calendar item on my work desktop and sync my 650 it will appear on my 650, but when I sync at home it will not be on my home desktop, but will still stay on my 650. The same thing happens the other way around too - if I enter an item at home, it will be on my 650 but not my work desktop after I sync at work. The problem effects both new records and modifications to existing records. I am not getting duplicates.

I seem to be having this same problem with each of the outlook conduits (calendar, contacts, to do and memo).

Some more info: I have installed the outlook hotsync update from Palm and do not receive any errors on my hotsync log.

Any ideas?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've done this for years with the Palm Desktop (usually the same version, but right now I've got 4.1.4E at work and 4.1.4 at home). It has worked on every device I've had, from the Visor Deluxe, through the Visor Prism, the Tungstens T and T3 and now my Treo 650.
    I've never had to do anything special (although I do always make sure to sync any changes at one site before travelling to the next).
    If I were you, I'd check on any options and make sure everything is set to synchronize.
    I really don't know about the outlook conduits, but some application conduits do have trouble with the kind of sync.
    Good luck!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I have never seen the sync with multiple computers option, maybe it is specific to outlook, but it sounds like that is your problem since it is keeping unique info from one computer off the other. If you want all three to be the same turn off that option. I have done this for years with Lotus Notes, through intellisync, at work and Palm Desktop at home with few issues, mostly caused by incompatible versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami View Post
    Here is the problem. I use my 650 to sync both at home and at work. At home I am running WinXP with Outlook 2000. At work it is the same but with Outlook 2003 over an exchange server. Both syncs are done using the cable and the Palm hotsync software.

Each desktop is set to syncronize the datebook, contacts, etc and the enable syncronization with multiple computers is checked. In the case of a conflict both are set for the handheld to win.

Here is the problem. Each desktop syncs perfectly with the handheld, but the desktops are not kept in sync. For example, if I enter a new calendar item on my work desktop and sync my 650 it will appear on my 650, but when I sync at home it will not be on my home desktop, but will still stay on my 650. The same thing happens the other way around too - if I enter an item at home, it will be on my 650 but not my work desktop after I sync at work. The problem effects both new records and modifications to existing records. I am not getting duplicates.

I seem to be having this same problem with each of the outlook conduits (calendar, contacts, to do and memo).

Some more info: I have installed the outlook hotsync update from Palm and do not receive any errors on my hotsync log.

Any ideas?
    I have sync two or three computers and two hand held for years running standard Palm OS. I tried to do this Outlook and got years of duplicates. Now I want to upgrade to Windows with a new Verizon smartphone (Samsung's new Blast type that is to come out soon I looked at one at C. City) from my 650, but it looks like multi syncs will not work with Outlook. Is Outlook sync the problem?