1.    #1  
    http://www.mobitv.com/about/company/...se_092605.html

Well, we know what MobiTV has been working on now. Sounds great. I hope this will be available for the Treo eventually if not immediately.
    The press release says they unveiled it. Yet they don't say how and when it'll be available.
    Last edited by taylorh; 10/13/2005 at 11:54 PM.
    Nice ... I wonder how many Treo users actually signed up and kept the subscription. If there are lots, MobiTV might just consider that Treo users are worth keeping happy.
  3.    #3  
    Well, I know a lot of treo users canceled because of the lack of content vs. price. In other words for $10, there just wasn't enough to watch. It sounds like MobiTV2 adds all kinds of new content as well as 'radio.' If they don't raise the price by much I think it's much more worth it and worth people's money. Also a lot of people want high quality 30fps video and just aren't willing to deal with mono 10-15fps with MPEG artifacts.
    This will really fly when it's available on 3G networks.
    I have to admit even I question if I'm really getting even close to my money's worth out of it, but my assumption is that the service was going to get better so I was willing to stick with it for a while. Besides, when I actually want it, I'm glad I have it.
    Also one problem with the Treo roll out is that it hasn't exaclty been well publicized. The carriers (Cingular for example) don't even make a mention of the Treo having MobiTV being available for it like they do other phones.
    So I hope they do give the Treo a chance on MobiTV2. After all I see Treo 650's EVERYWHERE these days. Just today when I went to lunch I swear that almost 50% of the phones I saw people with were 650s.
    MobiTV2 is of course coming to the Treo as soon as possible. I can't give a hard date but early next year is a fair guess. The radio product is very cool, and adding premium packages opens up a lot of doors vis a vis content. We also see 650s everywhere, it´s not just you
    MobiTV
    So is it true that you have given up entirely on providing any services for the Treo 600?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    The price vs. content ratio was the reason I canceled my subscription also. It just isn't worth an extra 10 bucks a month for me, especially if you consider I only pay 20 for the unlimited plan.

But I did like the concept, if there was more content at the same price I would be interested.
    Smae as most, I cancelled due to content. Just wasn't enough to justify the monthly amount.
    Below is a response from MobiTV re: my request for more channels and bang-for-buck requirements.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are always working to improve our
    channel line-up and you should see us adding some more great content over
    the next few months. So, keep your eyes peeled.

I'm sure they read these forums and know that they are losing subscribers, so I guess this announcement of other services/features reflects that.

Still have to wonder about the price-point though...

Greg

unlocked/unbranded GSM / T-Mobile
    Well i love my mobitv.. i mean Cspan 1 and 2? On your phone? Puhleeeeze! Are you kidding? Presidential press conferences, breaking news from MSNbC,
    Like whether it is the protest march against war in Iraq or the Millions More Movement in DC this weekend, Cspan will be in the house. Cover to cover. Plus you can see how your dirty Congressman sneaks through trojan-horse legislation that will affect your life! Ten bucks is worth that alone and those are just 3 channels I spoke of.. Keep your eyes on the ball ya'll..
    Last edited by treo600kings; 10/14/2005 at 07:04 PM. Reason: grammatical error
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    MobiTV2 is of course coming to the Treo as soon as possible. I can't give a hard date but early next year is a fair guess. The radio product is very cool, and adding premium packages opens up a lot of doors vis a vis content. We also see 650s everywhere, it´s not just you
    Thanks for the update. I'll be anxiously awaiting MobiTV2 & MobiRadio!
    yeah CSPAN and news is OK, but news shouldn't be the predominant style of channels offered. I consider the Vegas and music channels tokens (can't stand hiphop or country and today's rock is all rehashed junk IMO).

Anyway, anxiously awaiting the new and improved Mobi!

Greg

unlocked/unbranded GSM / T-Mobile