1.    #1  
    Hi, 2 days ago all of my categories deleted. I have all of my tabs. I don't know What happened, I didn't have a reset or something like that. I checked *#377 and nothing happened. I have to categorized again, and today again all of my categories are deleted.
    Has someone this problem?. Is this a bug?
    Try restoring ZL_CategoriesDB from a backup if you got it...that might help
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Funny - I had the exact thing happen to me. All my apps became uncatoragized. Even after I reassigned a catagory to an app it would lose it after a reboot.

I did a restore on all the Zlauncher files and I was back in business. restoring just the category database was not enough.

It would be nice to know what caused this problem. Could it be a corrupt category file? Possibly caused by Dbcache?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Try restoring ZL_CategoriesDB from a backup if you got it...that might help
    I try to restore ZL_CategoriesDB and reset my Treo. Thanks.
    Yeah....

I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago. Everything disappeared from the card catagory. It must be a zlauncher brain fart.

I have no corupt files and no crashes. I now have zlauncher locked in resco locker.

Chuck
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Yeah....

I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago. Everything disappeared from the card catagory. It must be a zlauncher brain fart.

I have no corupt files and no crashes. I now have zlauncher locked in resco locker.

Chuck
    I was checking everything and all is Ok, no corrupt files, and no crashes. I will try with resco locker may be this is a solution for this. Thanks.
    The category pref I believe are stored in the saved prefs? I think you should try to restore that file...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've restored Saved and Unsaved before and ZL's file categories were all still horked, so then I restored all the ZL* files and fixed it..

It was really bizarre, my programs were all sorts of random categories. Hasn't happened in a long time, but that sort of thing seems to happen most often when something large crashes, like Blazer, AvantGo, etc.
    I tried restoring saved and unsave prefs. Like khaytsus I had to restore all of the ZL related files to get categories back.

Anyone else using Dbcache with this problem?
    I've had this happen to me several times. A lot of the programs I've categorized go into the unfiled category. It seems like it happens when other programs crash.
  11.    #11  
    Ok, this is a email of Zlauncher:

Hello,

Thank you for your letter!

This problem is causeing by 'SharkCache'.
    To resolve this problem, you need to close 'SharkCache'.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Ken
    Customer Service
    Guangzhou Zhangzhe Technology CO, LTD

Anybody knows, what's "SharkCache"??????????.
    Ufffffffff
    I suspected dbcache as the culprit to my lost Zlaunch categories. My system has been a lot more unstable since using this app. Doesn't seem like that I can easily turn it off.
  13.    #13  
    Hi, Somebody knows What's "Sharkcache"?.
    I will check my backup and appears than my ZlauncherDB are corrupted, and I have to delete with my ZLmanager. Everything appears Ok, but I can delete a Tab, Would you tell me how. I tried to delete a Tab and I can't.
    I just installed Resco Locker, and locked ZLauncher and a few other apps.
    How are others using Resco Locker? Should I lock everything in RAM? What if I don't lock a certain app.

EDIT: I just answered my own question.. I guess I can't lock everything.
    I locked ZLauncher. What else should I lock?

TGIF
    Last edited by BLUES; 10/21/2005 at 06:59 AM.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Search for resco locker, there's a big thread on suggestions on usage.

Basically anything that's resident.. Fonts4OS5, Butler (locks itself), TreoAlarm, VolumeCare (debatable on it it's necessary), DateBk5/Agendus (for alarms? debatable), Launcher, etc.

Just don't go too wild, as you'll use a lot of the already small 10M cache.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I suspected dbcache as the culprit to my lost Zlaunch categories. My system has been a lot more unstable since using this app. Doesn't seem like that I can easily turn it off.
    Hi, I have to sent my ZLauncherDB (Today) from my Backup, from ZZtechs, I am waiting.