1.    #1  
    I need to unlock my Cingular Treo to work with my AT&T (old) SIM. I need to do this in short order, so I am getting ready to pay for a remote unlock service that provides the buyer with credits and/or username/password to generate a code. But I can't really tell from most of their websites whether they will be able to provide the info I need immediately after purchase or whether there will be a day or two delay before I get the info to do the unlocking.

Can anybody that has already unlocked their phone using a remote service tell me if you were provided the info immediately after checkout? If so, what company/website was it?

Thanks all...looking forward to making call with my new Treo!
    One thing to consider before unlocking, is that your current phone may not last and you will need to pay again to unlock the replacement phone(s). (My first 650, unlocked after many calls to Cingular, developed a stuck key and the second the HalRadio error. Other people that I know with the 650 have all been through a few. They just don't seem to last.) Each new phone will need to be separately unlocked. So unless you are prepared to pay for this multiple times, you might wish to just buy a second unlocked phone for those occassions when you need it.
    I got mine unlocked via remote service. Go to ebay.co.uk and look for the seller jt-unlock. I paid 12.50. Read the instuctions thoroughly before you do anything. And save the codes, you might need it again in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy
    Can anybody that has already unlocked their phone using a remote service tell me if you were provided the info immediately after checkout? If so, what company/website was it?
    You will get the download link immediately after checkout. The username and password to use their website would come later (mine came after 2 hours)...maybe to give the seller the chance to check his paypal account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    One thing to consider before unlocking, is that your current phone may not last and you will need to pay again to unlock the replacement phone(s). (My first 650, unlocked after many calls to Cingular, developed a stuck key and the second the HalRadio error. Other people that I know with the 650 have all been through a few. They just don't seem to last.) Each new phone will need to be separately unlocked. So unless you are prepared to pay for this multiple times, you might wish to just buy a second unlocked phone for those occassions when you need it.
    I agree with him. There are some batches of treo that are faulty. You are better off testing it for several weeks to make sure that everything is okay before you have it unlocked. The unlock code is unique to your phone and you have to purchase another code if you replace your phone (i.e. if you make a warranty claim).
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Call the CA Cingular support center and ask them to unlock. I did this for 3 phones at the office and they just said Okay. Or you could call Cingular's 800 customer service and tell them to unlock or cancel.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    There was one guy on ebay doing it for 10-15 bux. He had lots of auction(not buy it now) and i grabbed one for under $15.

Well worth it IMO. Just check their feedback.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

ebay = JT-unlock.

Autoprocesses your request within a min of payment.

Got mine done in 5 mins total time.
  9.    #9  
    Just wanted to thank everyone for chiming in. I ended going with JT-unlock via eBay and sure enough the software and username/password were provided within minutes of checkout. I am now a happy Treo 650 user on the Cingular network with my old AT&T SIM. Thanks all!